Any other good alternative to the U.S. Divers buckle?

syllander

Active Hunter
Just trying to get some discussion on a reasonable alternative for the very pricey and even harder to find US Dive Co buckle? Looks like the seller of the replicas is no longer doing this, so there may be some other decently similar steel buckle out there. If you have any leads or ideas, drop em here!

Just trying to get some discussion on a reasonable alternative for the very pricey and even harder to find US Dive Co buckle? Looks like the seller of the replicas is no longer doing this, so there may be some other decently similar steel buckle out there. If you have any leads or ideas, drop em here!

I may or may not be working on one :X

Good. Get one and I'll take it and the shoulder studs, if you still have them.
Too much interest in these for someone crafty not to jump on them.

i bought this vintage divers belt buckle 1st boba buckle.jpg
Then i did this to it 1st boba buckle 2.jpg
snagged it off ebay for $5
here's the seller they do pre owned diving gear, every now and then they have vintage buckles
http://stores.ebay.ie/onemorechancescuba
they've got this one at the moment but it's not that good looking for a conversion job http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SCUBA-DIVING...779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46114109f3

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll keep my eye on the ok eBay than. What are the overall dimensions on these things? In inches?
I never took the dimensions from mine but i think it is just over 2 inches witdth to accommodate the 2inch wide strap that runs through it , but you'd probably want closer to the real US divers buckle, Rafal's post makes a lot of sense and is worth looking at too.

I was a little apprehensive about what would show up from that seller, but when i arrived(superfast shipping btw!)i said "SCORE!" and made the mods to it that day.
i'm very happy with how it turned out and would recommend members here to do what i did because real US divers buckles are getting increasingly difficult to find.

You can also try to expand your eBay seaching skills. Try under divers harness, dive weight belt, dive belt, dive buckle, etc. you get the idea. I picked up a real one for only about $40 in a lot with other belts and then sold the weights back on eBay and paid for the buckle. A little time and patience and it will pay off...eventually.

Hey man,

I got two buckles - a US divers buckle with the odd shaped end, and a Dacor belt buckle that has the right shape.

PM me and we'll work something out.

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

I've been looking at a lot of info, and where is the actual confirmation that the buckle was the US Divers CO one? I haven't found any pics where you can see any markings.

FullMetalFett is doing the replicas again...his are near spot on! He has a thread in the cargo hold now

As far as confirmation Matt, im not even sure myself lol...when i joined it was already a found part so i never questioned it. I bet there is a promo or "behind the scenes" shot where you can see it...OR its a similar situation to the ASI scope. Same time frame, same size/shape, but could be a few different manufacturers. Everyone always says the ASI scope is what was used...but noone as far as i know has ever proven it was definitely an ASI, there were a few companies making the same scope just with different branding..ASI was just the first one discovered to be correct i think. Maybe the same holds true for the buckle? thinking out loud here :)

Interesting turn....I'm good with my replica. But I am interested now if no one has close ups. Dacor was also pretty popular during that timeframe.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back