Jet Pack Possible Fog Machine - Will it work?.

DeathProof

Active Hunter
Hey everyone!

I know there is a smoking jetpack thread around here somewhere, but it's eons old and there doesn't seem to have been a solution to this minus GatorFett's rig.

I'd really like to be able to make this jetpack smoke but make more of a fog exhaust than a powerful burst of compressed air.

I've done quite a bit of research and found a few options, but I need the dimensions of the jetpack's insides.

While still expensive (around $699), the Antari M-1 mobile is battery operated, but I don't know if it would fit. If I could find one used for about half, I might jump on it - if it fits. The dimensions of the fogger are:

Length: 227mm
Width: 66mm
Height: 81mm

Antari Lighting And Effects - Products

The other option was a device called Pure Smoke from Ellusionist. This retails at about $147 but is mostly used for close up magic. I've seen it done on a fembot costume, emailed the costumer, and she mentioned that she was a bit disappointed with the output. Mind you, she split the smoke into two (for your know...both boobs) so there was half the output. I would think that buying two of these would work best, one for each exhaust of the jetpack. The next issue would then be to rig them remotely together - something I know nothing about.

Pure Smoke by Jason Brumbalow | Ellusionist

I know this has come up many times as I'm sure lots of you would like to add this feature if it was reasonably affordable. Has anyone else found a better solution?

Thanks!

i got really excited the other day when i found this Tiny FX- Look Solutions USA

then i saw the price tag $1850 ....jeez....

the first option you have listed would fit my pack it looks like.. not sure of the maker of mine, its kinda old..

i'm going to do some experiments soon, with the TK that host our armor parties, with model rocket engines in the thrusters.. He was/is really into that sort of stuff and really wants to try it out .. so if that is a success i will post it up on the forums here.. it would be a one time shot, and you would have to use it outside.. and they are pretty cheap.. but he has some ideas and thinks it could be really cool.

good luck

Justin

Thanks for the input, Justin. At least I know this thing will fit into ONE pack :)

Yeah, the Tiny FX was the first item I saw and nearly broke my jaw from it falling so hard at the sight of the price. But, this is not uncommon in theatre and film as the smaller the device, the more expensive it is to keep the same effect as something larger.

You can rent these units, but I imagine with the amount of times you use them, you may end up paying the same amount just to buy it.

Thanks Fett 4 Real

That was the thread that's been ongoing associated with Gator's solution. While it's an option, I would like to see if I can put something together that creates a mist, rather than a blast out of the exhaust.

A buddy of mine is into RC Planes and this JUST came out - a smoke system for planes!

Granted, it's designed for planes and the current output only allows for 2 minutes of smoke. But the price is much better at $139.99

However! This guy apparently builds all of these devices, so perhaps he'll be able to build something that will last longer! I'll keep you updated!

Smoke system

I'm going to go with a small fire extinguisher, it would give a good blast for jet smoke, you can burst when you need and it will fit in your jetpack.

Nope. Can't see it. Although I'd be interested to see what your friend comes up with.

I'm talking with MrRCSound and a gentleman from Troy Built Models. It's looking like they are going to be able to help me. I'll keep you posted. Right now it's a matter of increasing the runtime of the smoke. 2 minutes is not enough.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back