Need measurements of your armor pieces!

mrsixstrings12

New Hunter
I've just about given up on this costume. Building and painting it went extremely well and I had barely any issues. I solved my last problem of the armor not looking right (my flak vest was a normal t-shirt) by making something thicker and quilted. The armor itself fits fine now but I feel that the armor is just way too small overall. I'm not pleased with it at all and thats the only thing that i feel could be the problem.

So could someone break out a tape measure and give me some overall dimensions of their armor?

I was really hoping to get this all buttoned up for next saturday for a party :(

I've just about given up on this costume. Building and painting it went extremely well and I had barely any issues. I solved my last problem of the armor not looking right (my flak vest was a normal t-shirt) by making something thicker and quilted. The armor itself fits fine now but I feel that the armor is just way too small overall. I'm not pleased with it at all and thats the only thing that i feel could be the problem.

So could someone break out a tape measure and give me some overall dimensions of their armor?

I was really hoping to get this all buttoned up for next saturday for a party :(

You might also post some images to see if the armor size is the problem or the way the armor is positioned on the vest and on you. And it also depends on your height and body structure. Here are some basic measurements of my armor templates (which is in the mid range - the accurate size):

RWA Template Basic Measurements.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the link you were trying to post Raf:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/updated-printable-armor-templates-various-sizes-7825/

I agree - try to post some pics so we can help!

Actually I posted the same image, but realised that I did all the measurements wrong, so I took down the image, corrected all the values and then reposted. But that link of WoF's armor templates is also great, especially that it covers most of the human types (height-wise), so it's pretty easy to know which armor fits you well.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back