Completed Scratch Built Pepakura ROTJ helmet painted

T

toolguy301

Here is my completed scratch built ROTJ helmet. This was my first build. WIP thread http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/rotj-boba-fett-wip-48239/#post617067

Started as a pepakura build (skip) with some mods using Raf's & WOF templates. All painting was done with Rustoleum spray cans. Damage was done using liquid masking & layering except for the fine details they were done topically.

Used Raf's templates & reference photos & did everything by eye. Raf's templates are awesome & he does amazing work for all of us to attain the most accurate Fett & have to give him a big thanks. Plus thanks to all of the guys that have put up paint tutorials.

DSCF4317-1.jpg

DSCF4316-1.jpg

DSCF4315-1.jpg

DSCF4314-1.jpg

DSCF4313-1.jpg

DSCF4312-1.jpg

DSCF4311-1.jpg

DSCF4309-1.jpg

DSCF4308-1.jpg

DSCF4307-1.jpg

DSCF4306-1.jpg

DSCF4305-1.jpg

DSCF4303-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed Scratch Built ROTJ helmet paint job

Unbelievable results, is it quite tough? I've never had a good look at a finished cardboard lid, amazing.

Thank you for the kind words.

The build for this wasn't too bad after completing a scratch built helmet for my wife. To be honest the painting was the easy part it was all the masking that was so time consuming.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back