ASOK style topper question

mainst69

Active Hunter
Hi guys, did some searching but didn't find a thread pertaining to my question. I have an ASOK GMH and I was just wondering if you have a light kit that is self contained with a battery that fits in the topper, what is the best way to build the topper to be able to change the battery in the future? Velcro? Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

My understanding was that the ASOK GMH had the same topper has his budget, therfore the JC27 one should work for you. Of course, someone else can correct me if I am mistaken on that.

Vultana,
Thanks for the response. I haven't built it, put it together yet. I just didn't know if it was a permanent glued type situation or a snap together replace the battery easy in the future deal. My main concern is how to keep it to where you can change the battery.

Check out my Asok light kit thread in the cargo hold. It may answer some of your questions. If you are interested in a kit send me a PM and I will put you on the list.

I used a small piece of industrial strength velcro that held for about 10 hours before I took it off. Put it right at the front and it held.

I used a really small rare earth magnet and slid it down close to my light board. I made the light myself though so I am not sure how much room you would have with another. Then I just glued the magnets on the topper and the clear part and it snaps in place and is tough enough it wont come off unless you pull it apart.

I used a really small rare earth magnet and slid it down close to my light board. I made the light myself though so I am not sure how much room you would have with another. Then I just glued the magnets on the topper and the clear part and it snaps in place and is tough enough it wont come off unless you pull it apart.

Thanks ttb, I am using some small magnets to hold my ear cover on. That's a great idea and I don't know why I didn't think of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out my Asok light kit thread in the cargo hold. It may answer some of your questions. If you are interested in a kit send me a PM and I will put you on the list.

Thanks Jc, I like your kit for sure but I went with another one that had the servo/wireless stuff included. Appreciate the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back