rubio95's ESB

Are you just planning on doing the helmet, or are you doing armor as well? I'd be interested to see how/if the paint colors would change based on this interpretation.

New boards are in for the RF, and they work. PM me when you get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got my feet wet with washes. I used Vallejo Black Grey, and gave the lower cheeks and dome a few generous washes. It may or may not come across well in the pictures, but it's quite noticeable in person, and it's really helping me feel more comfortable about my custom green. I may buy another color and try some more. It was fun!

Also added a few bits of Caboose Red to the mandibles.

Having fun!

034.jpg

010.jpg

Would be cool to see this on an ESB costume, or an ROTJ SE would be better! Can be very proud to put this thing on display....

Dude...wow. I love that color!

Would be cool to see this on an ESB costume, or an ROTJ SE would be better! Can be very proud to put this thing on display....

You guys are too kind. I'm really looking forward to filling in and fleshing out some details all over the helmet.

Once you git your ears done we will need to do a side b side with my FPH2.

Yes! I've gotta get going with the ears. I'm not looking all that forward to that part, though, lol! And yes, of course your paintup is the quality I'm shooting for. I'll be happy if it's even in the same ballpark!

But I really want to have it side-by-side with yours. To really get a feel for how my color choices pan out next to the tried-and-true colors.

Added some detail to the right mandible. After it dries fully, I'll wetsand to even out the paint/tone with the existing color.

More and more, I'm beginning to this that the original helmets were painted mostly topically...

f26ae526-0c3b-43de-9a13-858869b9abbb.jpg

I'd imagine you're right about the topical thing...But think how much more realistic this looks with the majority being layered. Probably a good balance of both for a perfect paint up.

Superb Ryan. Now doesn't that feel like a step up from ROTJ. It's ok to say it brother....

Lol, inside he knows it but will never admit it in public.

Shame on both of you guys, lol!

Remember, fellas, I never said I DON'T love the ESB (or PP1, PP2 or PP3, for that matter), I just prefer the RotJ. Trying to turn the FPH2 into an RotJ just won't work, for several reasons. Mostly is the wavy brow. For example, BobaMaker's wonderful helmet is patterned after the ESB lid, and even though I've seen several quality paint-ups in the RotJ colors, it just...doesn't look right. If I would've painted this with the RotJ scheme, I would've eventually hated myself, first for trying to make the FPH2 into something it's not, and second for wasting an FPH2!

Anyways, I got the main colors of the ears laid down last night. I still have a ton of detail work to do on them, but I think they've turned out nice, so far. I used several Polly Scale colors on them, and I gotta say, I really do like working with acrylics (I had a poor initial experience with them). I also got myself a bottle of Reefer Gray, and I'm looking forward to hitting a few parts on the back of the helmet with it (over the Lark Dark Gray) to see if if blends better with my custom green.

I also noticed that just by having the Olivgrun on the left ear, the green of the dome and cheeks seems to look a bit greener overall. That made me pretty happy.

Anyways, enough ranting. I took a few more rotten pics this morning on my way out the door (I'm really getting good at terrible pics). I really feel positive about how this whole project is shaping up. Still lots to do, but thanks for looking!

855b3508-cc0d-40a9-bb49-015ed20e91ce.jpg

209e7e13-4c96-446c-a282-133965526eff.jpg

65e054d1-198d-4871-84b2-b77f9d72e9f1.jpg

Well, have to pat yourself on the back , even for ****** phone pics she came out nicely. Just remember the ESB is the path to the darkside. Once you find yourself ordering a blue flight suit your in too deep.

On another note:

Now you have something to look forward to with the FP ROTJ future release!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back