Showoff: My HIC

DarthYuengel

New Hunter
Here is my HIC build. The front casting is a KingJawa, the box is scratch build, the side panels are an original Volvo instrument cluster for the hero and copies I molded from the original for the rest. The hero panel electronics are from Modeljag. The panel greeblies are random hardware store items and scratch built "spring clips. They aren't 100% accurate, but I'm happy with it. FULL HIC.jpg

I'll see what I can do for some better pics. This was taken in my garage, but I've since moved it into the house where the lighting should be better.

This is beautiful! I also have the King Jawa front and modeljag electronics. I have the box kit I purchased here- but am at a loss for obtaining the Volvo panels until Darth chromer starts to offer them again. I hope mine come out as nice as yours. well done mate!

I was lucky scoring an original for the hero panel. Definitely saved some coin being able to mold my own for the rest. I plan to do some detail work, weathering, dirt/grime, etc. I also plan on adding some more led lights throughout the side panels, just for effect. I have a microcontroller board to program. I want to add some static light, some fade in/out, and some blinking. I still need to build a "screen panel" for the second panel and some more greeblies for the hero.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back