Gauntlet help needed!

Samkrow76

New Hunter
Hello,

I am a new member and I am making my first build of rotj armor. I have the chest shoulders cod back done, helmet almost done, and jetpack about 50%.
What I need help on are the gauntlets. They are killing me. I want them to look sick, and I have Wof's templates printed out, but I cannot figure out how to assemble them. This is really aggravating because I have a good eye for how things are built and geometry but I just cannot make these come together. :(
I really need some help here, if anyone has any instructions or threads they know of that have a good step by step build using these templates I would really appreciate any help.
I want these to look great, and I am willing to put in the time to do it, I just need a bit of a guiding hand.
Thanks for any help,

Samkrow

Thank you so much yes that helps. I think I am going to cut everything out and then build it. I think I just psyched myself out by trying to interpret templates on the sheets and not in front of me.

When I am finished with my build how am I going to secure my gauntlets? If I glue the top and bottom together I do not think my massive hands and arms will fit into the hole (not saying I am a Mr. Universe but I am 6'5" and huge so this is ALWAYS a problem).

Check out some gauntlet WIP threads for ideas for securing them shut. I used rare earth magnets as clasps on one side and a length of piano hinge on the other side. It's okay, as long as nobody gives you a high-five in costume (which happened to me today, and caused my gauntlet to pop open). You might want to think about using piano hinge on both sides, and knocking out the centre rod on one side and replacing it with a removable rod with a loop on the end that you can tuck into the gauntlet inside.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back