Pre Vizsla need tutorial and or advice for jetpack

Raylen

New Hunter
Working on a Pre Vizsla (phase 2). I have never made a mando before and I'm wondering about how best to attach the jetpack. He has a Jango style padded vest with armor backplate. I know some jetpacks have straps with quickreleases. I'd like to know the best of different methods for attaching all the layers together; Vest, backplate, jetpack, and somewhere in there a harness of some sort. And how best to put it on. I'm currently working on the vest (with zipper up the back). Any advice would be great. Pre Vizsla's phase 2 jetpack is quite large so there could be a decent amount of weight pulling back at everything.

Hi vod'ika
for the jetpack, you could make it out of paper and coat it with resin or something. cardboard works great. here's a link if it helps?
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=1
for the one where it says "Jango Arena Jetpack", you have to extract the .zip file, and open it in pepakura viewer, which is free. the one above it is a pdf, but is kind of complicated. I prefer the pepakura method. it's a lot of pieces and gluing tho........
I know that's kind of off topic, but to answer your question, for strapping it on, you could buy velcro strips and gluing it on with epoxy. Longs Drugs sells them in their school supply section. it's really strong. You could also buy straps like on a backpack and buckles at pretty much any fabric/drygoods store in your neighborhood. I would cut a few thin slits into the vest so that the strap could go all the way around you inside the vest, and come out the slit buckling to your 'pack. Or, you could screw it on to the vest, and put huge washers so that the nut does not slip through the fabric. Just a couple of ideas off the top of my head that could work......
ps. sorry for replying so late.....
good luck!
-Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back