Chest Light Slots

tb5716

New Hunter
I have been searching around and not seeing much for placement of the chest light slots. Is it more of a "just eyeball it to where it looks right" kind of deal? I think I have a set spot but figured I would see if there is a thread hidden in the pile that I am not getting the correct wording in the search bar for.

Look for RafalFett's Armor Stencils. They have the chest light locations and sizes already drawn in. Size then to your armor on any photo editing software, print them off, and use them to locate the chest light slots.

Look for RafalFett's Armor Stencils. They have the chest light locations and sizes already drawn in. Size then to your armor on any photo editing software, print them off, and use them to locate the chest light slots.

Necronaut is correct! You might need to alter the sizes to fit your needs. Here is an image with the placement of the chest slots:

Chest Slot Placements.jpg

The measurement are already from the resized RWA templates, more exactly an overall 5% reduction from the templates (except the back plate and the knees).

The link posted by F4R is also good, mainly when you will want to place the chest light inside the slots... but there are other goodies too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks. The stencils I found so far just showed the shape or the paint stencils or like the one F4R put up. The pic that you put up RafalFett, I can say I did not see that particular one yet at all. I must have skipped over it altogether. Ill just have to size it to my IOA kit but those are what I needed. I will have to go back through all the stencil topics I found to see how I missed it.

Thanks again guys!

Cool, thanks. The stencils I found so far just showed the shape or the paint stencils or like the one F4R put up. The pic that you put up RafalFett, I can say I did not see that particular one yet at all. I must have skipped over it altogether. Ill just have to size it to my IOA kit but those are what I needed. I will have to go back through all the stencil topics I found to see how I missed it.

Thanks again guys!

That image with the measurement was posted just for this thread, because I did it yesterday, so you won't find it in other threads. For the RKD armor you will need to count an additional 5% between the chest slot and the armor edge measurements. In this case the 29mm will be 30.45mm, the 46mm will be 48.3mm, the 67mm will be 70.35mm and the 96mm will be 100.8mm. The chest slot measurements remains the same.

I hope this helps!

:lol: Good to know I did not make a complete fool of myself then by not seeing it. That is perfect Raf, Thanks a million!

Are the lights for these easy to find? Never thought much about them before, but wow they look awesome when done right!

I bought a fettronics board. You can find them here on the forums or I just googled fettronics and ordered it from there. He makes different types so you can customize as well.

According to those measurements this is what i got on my RKD armor. Look accurate?

Sorry couldn't figure out how to rotate...

photo.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the encouragement! And one more question, this may seem like a no brainer but.... here it goes... When i use your stencils, I've tried placing the large sized WOF's on my chest pieces. It seems a little small. Supposedly RKD's armor is based off of WOF's large templates. So I'm assuming i should just adjust its size a tad bigger? Thanks again! Im also really grateful for these stencils. Making my build so much easier and less stressful!

photo copy.JPG

Looking at that image, it doesn't seems to be a big difference (the difference is from the chest plate's rim thickness), so I would suggest to use the stencil as it is. But if you want, you can cut the stencil in several pieces and fit the pieces to the outer contour and the chest slots.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back