Jango helmet help please

evallded

New Hunter
Hey guys

Pretty much brand new here, but I have been a long standing member over at the RPF and gbfans. I bought a helmet from ASOK the other day. I cant say enough about the help and the beautiful work. The cold cast material is so impressive in person!

So I am hoping you guys can help me with the earpiece. It is molded in one piece and shows nothing that says it is made to be opened. However it seems there is no way to do this without cutting it open. I must be missing something. I have done an extensive search here trying to find this info but to no avail.

20130922_094935.jpg

20130922_094944.jpg

I am not sure what you are seeing. There is no need to cut anything open. Just clean it up and paint it. The RF stalk just fits straight down into the slot. I put a little bit of electrical tape around the end of the stalk just to hold everything nice and tight.

I usually attach mine with a couple of small bolts. I attach the bolt to the earpiece and then drill the corresponding hole in the helmet. Insert the bolt and screw on the nut.

The bottom to the ear piece is cut off, it is just some of the "junk" that is there from the mold.

- - - Updated - - -

look up some of Saint_nastie's WIP threads, I think he shows it done.....basically the same way that I do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Asok helmet does not have a moving stalk.

There are others out there that do or can, such as Cruzer. The moving RF on film is actually all CGI.

the "hero" helmet had a fixed stalk, and the asok helmet has some lineage to it in a roundabout way. so, to answer your question, the stalk does not move on the current asok jango helmet.

well while disappointing its not a terribly big deal. But yes that is what I was aiming at. So now you guys can see why I couldnt figure out how to do that. Well I will throw it together and im sure someone makes an upgraded version of the ear piece? I am hoping to do the servo powered stalk.

Thank you everyone for your help. Oh and one more quick question, has anyone here ever had the problem of sanding through the metal look of the cold cast? I had a few lines in mine that I was working out and was kinda nervous.

the cold cast layer of an asok helmet is pretty thick, and for best results you really have to get after it because you're going to want to sand past all the little pits on the surface. if you do end up sanding too far and get into the resin under the cold cast you can always touch up the spot with a little silver leaf rub'n'buff, no one will ever notice, especially if you put a little weathering over the spot as well.

Thanks so much for the help, I am already on the downhill slope of this helmet build. Everything is going quite well and I will post pics up soon.

No way to make it moveable? Don't think it would be too much of a modification. I'm looking at the Asoka helmet as well so this is very helpful.
Thanks

I would say it would be a considerable mod to make, and you would need a different stalk all together. All of the helmets with the moveable stalk have a cap that goes over the moving parts. On these it is enclosed, as in a 1 piece unit.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back