DeathProof's ROTJ Fett: BH-32794

Thanks man. Honestly, it was really easy to install, and maintenance is pretty easy as well. The only thing that could really make it better is to go wireless, but this is working out just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
And as I'm looking through mrrcsound's website... I see sound boards for "Jet turbine" and even small speakers...

I'm just sayin...

Nicely done! I've seen smoking packs before, but it meant the nozzles were glued on. Nice work around.

Hope to see you at Celebration!

Minor Update!

I've been told that my helmet and armor are shipping this week. With customs being the way they are, I'm hoping to see everything in a few weeks. That will give me about a month and a half to paint up everything in time for my garrison's biggest con of the year - Vancouver Fan Expo! Keep your fingers crossed!

I upgraded my EE3 scope to a real Nikko Stirling Mountie. The feet are a bit short, but I'm not going to complain about it. It's awesome to have a real piece of glass on my blaster. It's currently drying from a base coat, and I'll weather it up tonight.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

I did this a while back, but never really showed it. I always loved how Woody texturized his ROTJ cape. As per his suggestion, I took a hammer to my cape over some rocks and this is what I got. I love it!

garagesale-17.jpg

garagesale-18.jpg

Great stress reliever :)

Also gotta thank bcurtis for convincing me that walking around with jingle bells in your pockets sounds awesome. Initially I had thought it would make me sound like an elf, but it really adds that authentic 'boba spur' sound.

Hopefully the next time I write, I'll be putting down some primer!

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

That's awesome Aaron! Can't wait to see the update when the hard parts get in. At the way you've sone your work thru the soft parts and bits and bobs, I'd suspect you'd be wrapping this up in a few months.

I hope so Sean!

Scope weathered ;) Lots of 'fun' matching the paints used when I originally painted this gun....which was the first thing I did with this project. Comin' full circle baby!

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Update :: Flight Suit

Ok, ok....so I have a hard time staying away from this project. Another idea sprung up...

There was a conversation a while back regarding the colour of the ROTJ flight suit, and how for the longest time the popular assumption was that it is a light grey. You can read about this conversation here:

TDH Conversation

BHG Conversation

The result of this conversation is that the 501st Level 3 for ROTJ Fett now states "Suit color is light gray with a cool, blue hue"

I think it's great that strong conversation came from this and that I learned something more about the history of the suit that I am trying to build. In the spirit of this conversation, I decided to take a dive into the blue....because if you're gonna get wet, you might as well go swimming.

My first thought about this was that I didn't want to ruin all the work I did already....so I didn't take this decision lightly. I did, however, apply the paint lightly (har har har). I took out my airbrush today and focused on parts of the costume that would not have seen a lot of daylight, and therefore faded the least from the sun (ultimately being more 'blue). These areas were mainly the upper portion of the suit because of the armor and underneath the sleeves. I did a test yesterday by mixing acrylics and water, and the result was barely visible. So, I used the same humbrol that I used on the jetpack and mixed it with some light grey to get the desired effect.

There definitely is a difference when under daylight, that's for sure. Most of the shots where we see blue in the suit are in daylight, so that's a plus. The reverse was also awesome - the suit looked to remain light grey under tungsten light.

Here is a grid of different lighting scenarios......I'll be honest...very weird putting all these pictures together of myself. Overall, I'm quite happy and approve the results! :)

fsbluegrid.jpg

I think the indoor lighting is the most blue because my little patio area is below ground and has daylight bouncing everywhere. The window is a direct source of daylight.

Here is the flight suit flat under normal indoor lighting

fsblue1.jpg

Thanks guys! Definitely something I was unsure of, but I'm glad I did it. Now level 3 is pretty much locked in.

Update: Gloves

Another step closer to getting a higher approval. I took my MOW gloves to my local seamstress. I think there was some miscommunication regarding the buttons - I asked for clear buttons, but I ended up with these. What do you guys think? Is it that noticeable?

FullSizeRender-1_1.jpg

I was debating on doing that myself with my MOW gloves. What an easy step to make an already great pair of gloves even better. the button color looks like it could be weathering...

I think I'll stick with it. Audrey said that she could change the buttons if necessary, but it should be ok. I really won't see them anyway, and it's more of a technicality than anything.

It wasn't too bad either. I like my MOW gloves and didn't really want to have to change them up. After tax, a $30 bill for the whole thing. They didn't have a machine to do the button holes, so it was all hand stitched. I'll probably go back to them and have them do my vest holes for the JP straps and pocket for the chest lights.

FP said that my gear shipped last Tuesday. So here's hoping that it comes in soon. Vancouver Fan Expo is April 3-5. I'm budgeting 2 weeks for the armor and gauntlets, and 3 weeks for the helmet. C'mooooon international shipping :)

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back