Detailing over buff n rub

teraxis

Hunter
I'm really wanting that metallic look rub n buff gives but I'm also wanting to include details like painted stencil designs on my pieces. Has anyone had any luck with this? If so what materials worked best for you?

Also has anyone tried rub n buff over black primer? I ask this because the bucket I ordered has some fine detail grooves and I thought leaving the dull black in there would add some nice depth.

As always any advice is appreciated. If there is a thread for this already feel free to leave me a link.

Hi man, I first sand it in gray my ammo, later I used the rub and buff silver leaf with my fingers and hand, check out my work here, Jango Fett is only silver I dont understand why you want to make others colors details

my helmet

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/my-jango-fett-helmet-paint-work-snowaure-maracay-venezuela-45012/

Mi Casco A1 Photos by snowaure | Photobucket

costume

Mi Casco A1 Photos by snowaure | Photobucket

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/...ro-nieves-maracay-venezuela-47533/#post603185

I am not sure how much luck you will have doing designs over the rnb. It is a wax and paint doesn't really like to stick to it. I did weather mine with acrylics, but you can scratch it off pretty easy if you want to.

Sounds like my best bet is paint first then cover with tape and buff n rub around. Thanks for the input.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not working on a Jango currently, but based on his armor I figured I may find some buff n rub expertise here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that would probably be best. Just tape carefully so the rnb doesn't get on it because when you are working with it it tends to get on your hands and then everywhere after that. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back