Is it good enough for 501st?

dolioshmolio

Jr Hunter
asokwipesb46.jpgasokwipesb47.jpgasokwipesb42.jpgasokwipesb43.jpgasokwipesb44.jpgasokwipesb45.jpg

Hello all

Just wanted to post this up here to get some feedback. There is a small Con happening here in Arkansas this weekend and some of the local 501st that I armor party with are setting up a table and Blast a Trooper. This is my first project and first paint up. The guys wanted the bucket on the table as kind of a show piece, but i want to know if you guys think it's good enough to help represent the 501st and TDH. I still have to go and get a new visor and cut it out. I painted my visor black because I messed it up pretty good in a lacquer thinner accident. I need some Fett minded individuals to have a look.

thank you

Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
You are more than qualified for a TDH/501st showoff, especially that you eye-painted (stencils used only as a reference) the helmet.

Awesome job Justin. I wish I could paint like that, especially for my first helmet paint job. Great work :)

Wow that is a great job. I wouldn't worry one bit about it.

thank you guys .. i definitely could not have done it with out TDH and its community .. esp.. RafalFett, terminal fettler, Jayvee, welshwarrior

Great job, I am about ready to start painting my helmet & I hope it turns out as well as yours. Mine will be ROTJ though. You should be proud to show it off.

if you build the rest of your costume with that level of attention to detail, you'll have nothing to worry about.

thank you again everybody ... just got back from the Con here in Ft Smith. It was fun and the bucket turned a few heads, but being there made me really want to have the whole suit done... patience:)

n00b question - but where is there a list of what criteria makes a build 501st approved? I'm a lifetime SW fan (saw all 3 originals in the theater when they came out), but only just getting into costuming. I'm essentially "drinking from the firehose" right now in terms of information, so any quicker ways for me to get going would be super rad.

Thanks in advance!

n00b question - but where is there a list of what criteria makes a build 501st approved? I'm a lifetime SW fan (saw all 3 originals in the theater when they came out), but only just getting into costuming. I'm essentially "drinking from the firehose" right now in terms of information, so any quicker ways for me to get going would be super rad.

Thanks in advance!

Checkout the costume reference library @
501st Legion: Vader's Fist

That breaks it all down.

Happy building!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back