ESB Helmet Question

kebh020727

Active Hunter
Morning gang, does anyone recall any discussions on the ESB helmet used at shows with the ROTJ flight suit where the helmet has a crack on the left side, above the mandible, near rhe edge of the visor, that looks to be held together with glue? Was rhis used during filming in this condition?

So they used the actual ESB helmet, but it was not in this condition during the filming of ESB?

Yes! Although the ESB helmet already had some minor damage during the filming of Empire, the helmet gets more damage before the filming of Jedi, when it was casted to produce at least 2 stunt helmets, and it is possible that for this reason (the heavy damage on the left side) they didn't used it in ROTJ. The 2 ESB style stunt helmets (also called as ROTJ stunt helmets) appear in some of the stunt scenes (the sail barge and the skiff scenes), and after 13-14 years later the damaged/repaired ESB helmet 'finally' appear in the ROTJ SE (as new addition) with a ROTJ-like armor (not the ROTJ Hero parts, but some back-up pieces).

So they used the actual ESB helmet, but it was not in this condition during the filming of ESB?

Yes! Although the ESB helmet already had some minor damage during the filming of Empire, the helmet gets more damage before the filming of Jedi, when it was casted to produce at least 2 stunt helmets, and it is possible that for this reason (the heavy damage on the left side) they didn't used it in ROTJ. The 2 ESB style stunt helmets (also called as ROTJ stunt helmets) appear in some of the stunt scenes (the sail barge and the skiff scenes), and after 13-14 years later the damaged/repaired ESB helmet 'finally' appear in the ROTJ SE (as new addition) with a ROTJ-like armor (not the ROTJ Hero parts, but some back-up pieces).

That's a great explanation. Really appreciated. Darn cheap Lucas, ruined a perfectly good helmet!

No one casts the Lid with the Damage...I think Jayvee has made his helmet look like it had this Damage...I shall be doing something similar with my ESB helmet when i do it this winter...among other damage Ill be adding for the SE look

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back