Help with finding this piece!

RichardJones

Active Hunter
I know it has been discussed for a long time... but what is this piece already???? I have searched the forums up and down with no luck. i have searched a thousand pictures for a match, but still nothing! I am not interested in kinda close, I want the real thing! Any ideas on this one would be greatly appreciated! red knurled release.jpg

The TDH Wiki had this covered too, but because it is missing (the Wiki) it is a bit hard to describe this piece; but looking at the Pre-Pro #2 jetpack (the one that is in private hands) it says 'gas out to valve & regulator' (lower left corner):

PP2 Stolen Jetpack 2.jpg

So, it is a fitting specially used in gas/fuel plumbing or similar, because that fitting is connected to the left gauntlet where the flamethrower was/is.

It looks like a standard air quick coupler. Probably a 3/8 fitting. I am a service manager at a tractor shop and have seen these at pretty much any farm store like runnings, fleet farm, Fastenal, or even stores like menards and home depots. Fuel systems can not use quick couplers like this because they leak and do not have spark arrestors but it looks like they just plumbed in a spray can for the movie so its not rally a an issue, its like holding a match on front of an aerosol can.

I have seen hundreds of couplings and connectors that are close. if you look it goes knurled red cylinder,to hexagon brass to brass cylinder and finally to a octagon/ hexagon shaped brass mount. every single one I have
seen goes knurled tip to cylinder to hexagon, which is not correct. I just got a resin set that might be accurate enough, until I can find this piece. thanks for any input though!

I was actually looking around and think that it might be an old Daystate air coupler that scuba divers use for their air tanks. If you look them up they are pretty close to size and pretty much have the same design. That and it would make sense being as that they used scuba parts already on Fett. Though being made back in the day I'm sure they wont have a fully knurled end anymore.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back