ASOK Cold Cast Buffing

kebh020727

Active Hunter
Starting my ASOK lid by washing the release and buffing it. Just thought I'd post some pics of me doing this. I washed the lid down and used some 2000 grit automotive sandpaper to start, it wasn't taking the agent completely off so I switched to the steel wool. It did well taking it off, but I have some swirl marks from the wool I used so I'm going to purchase some 0000 steel wool tomorrow and try to buff it up. Here's before and after photos! Any one who has used this, dry or wet is best? Thanks.
Eric

20130902_202215.jpg

20130902_202404.jpg

20130902_203949.jpg

Bought the rihht steel wool, some 000 & 0000 grade. Before I dive in later today, can I potentially ruin the "metal" finish look by doing too much with the wool amd water? Should I be cautious? I basically want to use the cold cast layer for the silver damage spots. Or would people recommend against this?

personally it depends on how shiny you want it, I used a really course wire wool then used super fine, I didn't use any water, then polished with Mothers Mag and aluminum polish, but that really makes it shiny, you want it a bit dulled down but when u mask the area u want metal when u remove it it will take some of the shine away

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back