Mounting range finders.

tb5716

New Hunter
I am currently working on my ASOK CC doing the paint up job. I was just wondering what ways people mount their range finders in their helmets. The ASOK stalk is flat and the cover is flat also so I figured I would drill a taper into the stalk and put the bolt in. I would like it to hold tight so it does not fall down so I was going to see if I could find some cupped washers for tension. I was just curious on how other people mounted their stalks to see if there is a better way. Being my first Fett helmet I was going to avoid the electronic moving range finder. That and my head is probably too big to fit a servo in there as well. :lol: I have not seen much on installation of parts on helmets, mostly paint ups.
While the search bar is nice it throws a lot of random crud to sift through and im not seeing much.

I use size 4/40 cap screws. You can get that size Allen wrench in through the led holes. a small set of needle nose also works to tighten them.

I would also like to install a rangefinder on helmet. Is there any type of mechinsm like the Master Replicas helmet where I can make it go up and down? maybe spring loaded etc? I want my range finder to move up and down. Any ideas? suggestions?

I use size 4/40 cap screws. You can get that size Allen wrench in through the led holes. a small set of needle nose also works to tighten them.

Jc27, I meant the stalk to the helmet, sorry for the confusion. To mount the finder to the stalk I could do that too. Right now I have made a small groove and just super glued it on there. I would have to tap the top of the stalk then though, the ASOK CC budget doesn't have the nice pegs on it or slots like the other lids I see.

tb5716,
Here's how I attach resin ears. See post #21.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/superjedi-gmh-pp2-45496/

As long as you use a bolt sized to fit thru the pivot hole on the RF stalk,
it should hold things nice and secure.

Guinzo, if you search for "RF servo" you should find some info to help
with what you're looking for.

That's a good idea. I planned on something similar though I was going to put the insets on the aluminum stalk though that way looks good too. Though when I pinch it by hand it doesn't seem tight enough. Maybe I can find a small plastic shim to put on the screw so it doesn't slip down.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back