Boba fett helmet build help

foreverautumn

New Hunter
Hi Guys
I wonder if you can help me.
I decided to build the boba fett armour and have started with the helmet (maybe not a wise decision lol) and have been on one hell of a learning curve. I started with a pepakura card build and then resined, fiber glassed and primed. As you can see I have a lot of sanding and refilling ahead of me. I have had a bit of an issue in finding a primer that worked well and eventually settled on P38 car body primer, it is ok but goes on a bit thick and non too smooth hence all the sanding I have to do. I have had issues with materials as I am from the UK and the tutorials I followed were mainly USA and the materials mentioned were obviously USA sourced.

I did not enjoy doing the resin and fiber glassing and i am thinking of building the rest of the armour out of foam. I know I can hot glue it together and then PVA glue cover it to harden and seal it, but what primer ( that I can get in the UK) can I use over this, that can be sanded. Also what paint is best to use over the primer that you recommend that will allow for detailed work. Also can you recommend a paint that will go over the P38 primer i used on the helmet that will also allow for detailed work.

Thanks for listening

Dave

bf primer1.jpgbf primer 2.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back