DP question

sargonkiadi

Active Hunter
I recently purchased a helmet from a costume company for $60.00 and was wondering if anyone knew what year it might be. Hopefully the first year they were made :)

Here's a simplistic test:

Flat dome? DP97

Round dome but visor is flush with the mandibles? DP96

Round dome but visor is recessed from the mandibles? DP95

Floppy ears, big lips and a long tongue? They screwed you and sent you a damn Jar Jar mask. :lol:

Oh sure, give out the secret info. That's it buddy, you're out of the herd. ;)

Actually, I was assuming he hadn't recieved it yet and only had pics.

Jodo_Kast wrote:

Oh sure, give out the secret info. That's it buddy, you're out of the herd. ;)

Actually, I was assuming he hadn't recieved it yet and only had pics.

:lol: Been watching Ice Age alot recently J_K? (My daughter makes me watch it with her several times a week.)

Now that I think about it, if you ordered it from a costume company, it is most likely a '97. '95s and '96s come up on eBay pretty often, but I haven't seen a costume company sell anything earlier than the '97 in a long time, mostly because they're long out of production. If you haven't received it yet, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

C*E*N*O*B*Y*T*E wrote:

:lol: Been watching Ice Age alot recently J_K? (My daughter makes me watch it with her several times a week.)

I don't like this bounty hunter. He reads minds!! :)

Yeah, I love that show. Makes me sad though that my daughter used to ask for that and now all she wants to watch is "Bringin' Down the House" :(

Yeah, before I got hired as a bounty hunter, I used to temp for the Jedi Order. :lol: I haven't had to watch "bringin down the house" yet.

Thanks guys. ALl I have to go by is a picture. But that helps. I guess the most important question is this. Does the material vary between the three different years? Am I going to get a paper mache from 1997 instead of some kinda plexiglass from 95? :) I still don't have it but like someone said, it's from a costume company for only 60 dollars so it's probably a 1997. OTher than having to fix the minor dings and visor, there should be no trouble .

Thanks,
Sargon

If your bucket gets there and it's made of paper mache, you got screwed.

All the DPs are made of vinyl, but the '97 is the least rigid and most prone to warping of them all. If you have a pic of the helmet, you can post it (or a link to it) on here and we'll tell you for sure what it is.

If your bucket gets there and it's made of paper mache, you got screwed.

I hope not!!!! :)

All I have to do is figure out to post images to the internet w/o making a website. (I could figure out the rest)

God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh-Voltaire

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back