Boots New upgraded boots

Misfit2

Well-Known Hunter
Finally got around to finishing my new boots. I did weather the toe spikes but the camera washes them out. Mow boots with mojo spikes. Enjoy.

null-33.gif

Thanks man! I also plan to do the light red misting if I can ever get the courage. And also the small tear on the elastic. Both of these per the reference photos.

No, no, no, don't do the elastic tear. These boots are far too pretty to ACTUALLY damage. Great job!

How do you like the fit of the Mojo spikes? They look almost perfect on yours, but they don't look so hot on other MOW 2013s that I've seen.

Thanks Rubio. I wear size 11 and these spikes fit pretty good. I messed and bended them a little but nothing big. There is a tiny gap but with people's different sized feet and a one size spike, I would imagine some people having to make these minor adjustments.

Just a couple weeks ago I got MOW's 2013 boots and Mojo's V.2 spikes to fit them, but they didn't. There was a decent sized gap up there, so I glued together 2 pieces of Foamies and used that to fill the empty gap.

Boots 001.jpg

Did what I had to do with the spikes I got. My boots are size 11's, just like yours. Only your spikes fit the cut of the MOW boots a lot better than mine did, so I had to improvise. I contact cemented the little Foamies sheets to the inside middle section of the spike bar, and then also backed the whole backside of the metal toe spikes with Quick Grip as I was screwing them into the boots, so those things shouldn't be moving at all. :lol:

On a side note, I also used my Dremel sanding wheel to slightly round the 4 corners of each toe spike bar before attaching them to the shoe, because the real ones from the Magic of Myth boots I was trying to replicate had the corners rounded and not squared off, as the spikes arrived to me. ;)

On a side note, I also used my Dremel sanding wheel to slightly round the 4 corners of each toe spike bar before attaching them to the shoe, because the real ones from the Magic of Myth boots I was trying to replicate had the corners rounded and not squared off, as the spikes arrived to me. ;)

Boots look great man!!! I'll be starting another set of boots soon for my PP2, thanks for the added information.

I was trying to replicate the M.O.M. toe spike weathering, which was much heavier than the AOSW/C4 boot spikes. I used 3 different colors of brown toned acrylic paint and then scraped appropriate sections back off with the end of my paintbrush. Then sealed it down with Testors Dullcote.

Boots.jpg

Those look really nice....but 1 thing...the middle section should be a darker grey than the rest of the boot, like a charcoal grey. :)

Thanks Lou. I weathered them after the aosw reference pics. The middle seem to me looks just as light as the remaining grey

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back