Anyone familiar with this face shield?

Hey everybody. I've been looking into getting a visor for my helmet (and to possibly use part of it for the chest window display) and I know a lot of people like to use shade 5 green face shields for their helmets. Has anyone used the face shield from this link?

Amazon.com: Face Shield, Dark Green PETG, 8"x 15.5"x .040, No IR Or UV, 15190: Home Improvement

Unfortunately it says nothing about what shade of green it is so I'm not sure if it's the right way to go but that price is pretty nice and low :p. Any input would be appreciated!

I don't know but it looks ok. I like how amazon lists the jango and boba helmets as "Customers also bought" on the same page.

the price is ok BUT this is a face shield for protection teh face against shrapnels and stuff.

I accidently build in one of thise visors in my first bucket. Its a good and strong visor but thats the problem - it is strong ^^.

i had to screw serveral steelbands as supporter into the visor sektion of the helmet to bend the visor properbly. Otherwise the hole vertikal sektion of the visor would have been flat and shoved the cheecks to the outside ^^

Nowadays i just use PET foil for Greenhouses and put Tinting foil on the surface. ^^

I used a welding visor on my very first helmet (which was ESB colored), but now with my current ROTJ helmet, I ordered a laser cut visor from T-visor.com

Thanks for the input guys. F4R, thank you for the link. Mr. Fett, how how does the visor from T-visor.com compare to a dark green face shield?

Also, dremel disks work. How about scissors? or would that not be a wise choice for cutting?

Thanks again all for your input.

Scissors would have a tough time. You might be better off with something like tin snips or the like if you don't want to use the dremel.

Thanks for the input guys. F4R, thank you for the link. Mr. Fett, how how does the visor from T-visor.com compare to a dark green face shield?

Also, dremel disks work. How about scissors? or would that not be a wise choice for cutting?

Thanks again all for your input.

The dark green welding visor I used was thin and flexible enough to cut with scissors. The one from T-visor.com is thicker smoked plastic so IF needing cutting, would have to use a dremel. I only had to cut down one bottom edge to fit better over the cheek hump inside the helmet. The visor itself is very nice. Green visors are more accurate for ESB where as the smoked visors are better for ROTJ helmets, so depends on which version you are doing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back