General ROTJ Boba Fett WIP 501st Approved

I got everything together so that I could suit up, minus jetpack, for the first time. I have some tweaks to do here & there.

DSCF5109_Edit-1.jpg

DSCF5110_Edit-1.jpg

DSCF5111_Edit-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Justin, it felt good to suit up & see how it all fit. Have some little details to take care of & getting the JP finished.

Thanks Aaron & Lance appreciate the kind words.

I started my helmet and stopped before the dome stage. The sanding and prep with bondo was way beyond my patience.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Finished up the painting on my jetpack. Did the weathering & added the symbols & striping. Hand painted all of the symbols & tried to make them look as they do on the reference photos. I am finishing up the stabilizer & beacon so that these can get attached & need to add the hooks.

Touched up the paint along the edge of my back armor where I had to shorten it. I was going to repaint the whole thing but opted to just do some touching up at this time & blend things in.

DSCF5149-1.JPG

DSCF5150-1.JPG

DSCF5151-1.JPG

DSCF5152-1.JPG

DSCF5157-1.JPG

DSCF5158-1.JPG

Awesome work on your pack, you have some very clean lines. What is the length of the two white "step" things (not sure what else to call them, lol) on your pack? I think that mine are a little short. Your blending on the back armor turned out really nice as well.

Thanks Lance for the kind words.

Measured the white area length & they are just a hair over 8 inches. Mine may be a little short as well did some scaling to see how close mine is to actual length & came up with 8.250" long, but found where it was also stated as being around 7.875". Checked the WOF templates & they measure 7.250" if you go by his 1" scale. Your pack looks really good & well proportioned. Hope this helps.

DSCF5149_Edit.jpg

Thanks Raf for helping confirming that dimension.

Finished up the flak vest putting slot in the shoulders & at the bottom of the back for the jetpack harness support. Being a MOW flak vest it opens on the side so had to make a flap at the lower back to be able to slip over the jetpack harness. Used velcro to attach the flap.

Mounted the Fettronic's display on the left chest plate. Used velcro. I did attach the 2 boards together where the LED's are so that it would stay in alignment. Used a piece of velcro that has "T" hook on it for the lower attachment & put 2 velcro straps on the top to keep it secure. Sewed a button hole in the flak vest to slip the wire through. Going to mount the battery box on my lower left side on the inside of the flak vest, going to make a velcro sling.

Attached the jetpack hooks that I got from full metal fett. Finished up my scratch made stabilizer & beacon. Got those painted & mounted.

DSCF5172-1.JPG

DSCF5165-1.JPG

DSCF5167-1.JPG

DSCF5169-1.JPG

DSCF5183-1.JPG

DSCF5176-1.JPG

DSCF5160-1.JPG

DSCF5168-1.JPG

DSCF5174-1.JPG

DSCF5189-1.JPG

DSCF5178-1.JPG

DSCF5188-1.JPG

Great setup, Chris! I really like your solution for the jetpack harness + vest. If my MOW harness isn't as comfortable as I would like (with the weight, etc.) I'll definitely hit up your harness. Also interested to see how you place the battery box inside the vest.

I like the magnet idea for the gauntlets. How is this holding up? Magnets will probably be easier than a hinge.

So far they are holding up pretty well. I did put epoxy putty around the magnets to give them some more support. I haven't trooped in then yet so not sure about the long term yet. But these magnets hold very well. If the halves get within 2 inches of each other they are drawn together.

Submitted & approved 501st Midwest Garrison, BH21273.

Just in time to attend C2E2 this weekend.

DSCF5204_1-1.jpg

DSCF5205_1-1.jpg

DSCF5208-1.jpg

DSCF5216-1.jpg

DSCF5241_1-1.jpg

DSCF5254_1-1.jpg

DSCF5261_1-1.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back