ROTJ Gauntlet Hose

norgs79

Active Hunter
Hi,

I'm at the point in my build where I need to get me some Gauntlet hose. I've been doing a bit of searching over the last couple of hours or so and from the various threads, I see lots of members using either 5/8" or 3/8".
Now I'm no expert on these sizes and to be honest I just want to order the correct one.
Can anyone confirm the correct hose diameter?
I've found a seller on eBay that sell lengths of 3/8" clear braided hose, but before I buy, I need to be sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

I think the difference between the two sizes is about 6mm. I can get both sizes quite easily, it's just getting the right one.

I think the most important thing is getting the right size to fit the plug that keeps them on. So I would take that into the store to double chrck

This is an area where attention to detail is really up to you. Personally, I had to have the correct nylon fiber cross pattern, 45 degree to a 33 degree angle looks correct in my opinion. Most manufactures today have a stretched out long sweeping from top to bottom pattern that looks to be a 22.5 angle. For me even the cross pattern had to go in the correct direction. The over lay of the nylon fiber had to be correct (sorry, I’m at work no reference pics)The clear hose had to have the correct faded or dull plastic window look.
This is what I did:)
Off the top of my head 3/8 sounds about right, again sorry I’m not at home to give you more information.
After finding what I thought looked to be the best cross pattern, I started off by removing all manufacture markings with a light cleaning using acetone, dab a light amount onto a rag and wipe. Then I let the hose sit in black coffee for a day or two. Next, I added paint over spray, then some light weathering with an airbrush. Attachment method depends on the gauntlet set your building and the parts your using. I used the XLR cables ran through the brass fittings.

Hope this helps, Take care

Last edited by a moderator:
The original gauntlet hose (including the ROTJ too) has a 14mm outer with 8mm inner diameter, which translates into 35/64 (or 0.5512) inch outer and 5/16 (0.315) inch inner diameter.

This type looks pretty good ==> Clear Braided PVC Hose

The inner diameter starts from 5/16" through 1 1/2" while the wall thickness is between 2 and 4mm (I think it depends on the inner and outer diameter too). The correct wall thickness is 3mm.

Or this one ==> PVC Hoses

At the first hose type click the 'More Information (PDF File)' and in that file you will find the correct 8mmx14mm diameter PVC tube (the second in that list).

Thanks Raf that is awesome. And as I am based in the UK so I will call them tomorrow and get more info regarding prices and such.

Thanks again guys :)

Ok, so I have put my order in for the hose. 8mm ID, 14mm OD. Great news. The not so good news is, I had to order a minimum length of 30 meters! It should arrive tomorrow all being well. So I guess with all that extra hose spare, I will offer the rest of it on here if it will be of interest to anyone?

Cheers

I would be interested but post to Canada will probably be more than the hose itself. How are you planning on attaching it to your flight suit?

Ok, so I have put my order in for the hose. 8mm ID, 14mm OD. Great news. The not so good news is, I had to order a minimum length of 30 meters! It should arrive tomorrow all being well. So I guess with all that extra hose spare, I will offer the rest of it on here if it will be of interest to anyone?

Cheers

That's great! I'm sure you will recover your money here, or at least you will do some useful trades with the extra hose.

Hose arrived yesterday and there is a LOT of it. It's great though and thanks to Rafalfett, it's accurate so I will probably cut the rest of it into 3 meter lengths and offer them up in the Cargo Hold.

My hose is attached to nothing inside my jumpsuit. Just left enough of it where, after tucking the end into the jumpsuit sleeve, the end goes up by my shoulder.

Hose arrived yesterday and there is a LOT of it. It's great though and thanks to Rafalfett, it's accurate so I will probably cut the rest of it into 3 meter lengths and offer them up in the Cargo Hold.

Great news! Get them while they're hot!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back