Bo Katan Undersuit / Flightsuit questions...

Naglium

Hunter
What are people using for the undersuit (flightsuit)? Something charcoal grey and skin-tight? (does it need to be skin-tight?). I'm having a hard time finding compression fit pants, compression fit long sleeve shirts, and a looser fit short sleeve shirt, all in the SAME color. I can mix-and-match from different stores and vendors, but their grey's are always a bit different. I would prefer to buy everything from the same place. If need-be, we can make them from scratch (sew), but this is currently not the preferred option.

Also... How are you attaching the armor parts to your pants? I'm hesitant to make holes in anything that stretches, as it would violate the structural integrity of the garment, so things like snaps and chicago screws are out of the quesiton. Sewing of Velcro strips is questionable. I had the idea of magnets, but that means either getting the sew-able kind (see previous statement), or gluing them on.

Any BK's or Night Owls out there who can share some experience or some advice would be greatly appreciated (more by my wife, than by me :p ).

I'm working on a Pre Vizsla (phase 2) and I was not able to find an off the shelf flightsuit that would work. Many times they have pockets etc that will be noticable around the metal plates. You can remove some of this stuff but are often left with lines where the removed parts were located. I can sew just fine but didn't want to have to go that route if possible. Well, I through in the towel and just went ahead with scratch building. You make a jumpsuit and just make two pairs of sleeves (long and short) and attach both at the same time. I was actually able to find a fabric that appears to be almost exactly indentical to some military jumpsuits. I think its a denim (not as heavy as most jeans though). A lot of flightsuits are polyester and cotton.

What are people using for the undersuit (flightsuit)? Something charcoal grey and skin-tight? (does it need to be skin-tight?). I'm having a hard time finding compression fit pants, compression fit long sleeve shirts, and a looser fit short sleeve shirt, all in the SAME color. I can mix-and-match from different stores and vendors, but their grey's are always a bit different. I would prefer to buy everything from the same place. If need-be, we can make them from scratch (sew), but this is currently not the preferred option.

Also... How are you attaching the armor parts to your pants? I'm hesitant to make holes in anything that stretches, as it would violate the structural integrity of the garment, so things like snaps and chicago screws are out of the quesiton. Sewing of Velcro strips is questionable. I had the idea of magnets, but that means either getting the sew-able kind (see previous statement), or gluing them on.

Any BK's or Night Owls out there who can share some experience or some advice would be greatly appreciated (more by my wife, than by me :p ).

Hey there Gordon...I'm in the same exact boat now. Any ideas out there?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back