ESB Paintup for anakin1322

AFFO$ - I had totally forgotten to post my congrats on an absolutely superb job brother! Crazy good detail, and easily one of the best ESB lids I have seen in my time on these boards. Even though I'm more a layered guy, with so many of you guys getting great topical results, I may hafta have a go at some topical work one of these days.. Brilliant, my friend! :cheers

So let me see if I got this straight:

You print the decal in black ink on a clear transfer that is sized to the helmet,
apply the whole thing including the transparent section surrounding the black printed damage,
paint over the black with the appropriate color using a paintbrush,
seal the whole thing down with clear gloss and then clear dull.

What an innovative process! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Looks awesome. But how do you get such consistent coats of say the silver or purple without airbrushing? Is it just that your topical handpainting on the decals is just Da Vinci-esque? Or do you mask into the edge of every decal, and then airbrush? (which would be amazingly time consuming)

Do tell!
;)

I paint over the decals with a brush. Da Vinci-esque...I like that!

How many model aircraft have you practised on? :)

I hand paint all my 1:72 scales as I can get a flat even coat with a brush. Your paint job is spectacular. Now am thinking of this method instead of layered for my own lid when I get one.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back