General Time to clean things up around here....

Fett 4 Real

Sr Hunter
In a good way...what I need from you guys are links to DIY stuff on TDH...things you think would make great stickies. But we cant stick EVERY DIY thread now can we? Or can we? What Im going to do is make 1 thread like the stencil thread Asok made. And make 1 DIY link thread so that we can have a quick reference library to goto when we want to see how to do the bolt method for armor, or visor attachment method or gauntlet assembly with hinges. I think it will be a great help to new and old users alike. So please post up the link to the thread and what it is for. Thanks for your help with this guys!

Welshwarriors123 youtube channel on how to paint your own helmet? Maybe for a Painting thread or something? Shows a nice step-by-step way to do your own helmet, how to use your airbrush and other techniques. It was full of really helpful information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea for a thread!

I'd also suggest, like the picture gallery, that the DIYs are grouped into specific categories, where applicable (PP1, PP2, ESB, RotJ, etc.), and also generalized categories, like armor attachment methods...

Is it possible to have a current vendors thread and what they make? I know everyone kinda knows who to go to via searching and you pick up on it fast enough, but when I started out, it would have been nice for it to be all in one place as it was quite overwhelming.

Is it possible to have a current vendors thread and what they make? I know everyone kinda knows who to go to via searching and you pick up on it fast enough, but when I started out, it would have been nice for it to be all in one place as it was quite overwhelming.

I don't think that's a great idea. While there are alot of guys that are always supplying parts, there's also alot of vendors that come and go, or do 'one-and-done' runs.

I don't think that's a great idea. While there are alot of guys that are always supplying parts, there's also alot of vendors that come and go, or do 'one-and-done' runs.

This is very true. You'd have to break it down into continuous, runs, and MIA vendors and it would have to be constantly updated. If it were done that way I wouldn't mind. There should be a certain benefit to vendors that are always taking orders.

Not only that, but its probably best not to have a compressive list of all makers, what they make and how much they charge now that the "mouse" owns Star Wars and all its properties. I know they like to hand out their cease and desist letters, and I wouldn't put it past them checking forums.

Not only that, but its probably best not to have a compressive list of all makers, what they make and how much they charge now that the "mouse" owns Star Wars and all its properties. I know they like to hand out their cease and desist letters, and I wouldn't put it past them checking forums.

Yikes, I hadn't even thought about that. Great point!

Hadn't thought of that!

Anyway around this? I just know that as a newcomer, information like that is very welcoming. Not a price list - but just who to contact for more info.

Those that do one off runs I see no issue with sticking to the Cargo Hold...

Most of the makers are fairly easy to find, just read through a few threads and you will see the same names pop up. You probably know the big hitters already. Chances are Disney wouldn't do nothing as most folks on here aren't making significant profits, but I know one or two folks on the RPF had a few studio cease and desists with stuff they were selling. Just something to watch out for that's all, and that's why it's best not to have a list. The cargo hold is fine for runs etc.

Back on topic, I know spideyfett did an awesome boot weathering tutorial that I think should be stickied. I always found weathering fabrics a lot more daunting than armor.

I did a thread on Jango jet packs where I painted one of each. Now I am not saying that my work is anything special BUT I put a list of other threads that I researched in my thread, and I put in a complete paint list. I know that when I was trying to research it I had trouble finding all the info, and I am familiar with the site.

Here was the thread I did.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/jango-jetpacks-45079/

If you dont post links its going to take longer...just saying...

Thanks mulreel

Please submit POSTS not ideas here thats all Im asking....

Like so

Jango Jetpack tuturial

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/jango-jetpacks-45079/

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hadn't thought of that!

Anyway around this? I just know that as a newcomer, information like that is very welcoming. Not a price list - but just who to contact for more info.

Those that do one off runs I see no issue with sticking to the Cargo Hold...
No this has been covered DO IT YOURSELF threads is what DIY entails...Thanks for your help guys

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing that popped into my head. Let's keep that out of sight, out of mind.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back