Chest armor utilizing magnet attachment method

Great thread, thanks all the advice. Has anyone used magnets on shin armour and cod pieces? A bit of an odd question, but in the case of the latter is it advisable not to apply magnets round about the area the cod piece protects? :$

I just ordered some magnets, so let's see how it works when they get here.

I am thinking of attaching magnets to the inside of the vest, so the armor pieces would go to the correct spot. I was thinking of using iron on patches to attach the magnets because I don't know how to sew.

Hey guys, I was looking up these magnets and was about to buy from apexmagnets like RDK suggested and then I figured I should check amazon first because apexmagmets sells them as a set of 10 for $11.99. I checked amazon and saw the same set of 10 being sold by a company called Emovendo for $5.86 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001K...&dpID=41uOboSDEeL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SX200_QL40). I figured Emovendo might be a cheap brand or something so I googled them to see if I could find any info on them and it looks like they are now apexmagnets.

Just wanted to share this info with you all to help you save a few dollars.

Excellent thread, RKD! I will definitely use this method once I start my first build. I think I might sew in the magnets on back of the vest because with my luck I would eventually lose pieces when taking armor and flight suit off at the end of the day for a wash haha

Im going to try this method witch sounds better then ripping velcrow off everytime. going to try this as soon as bobamaker sends my armor

After suiting down for the first time with the magnets holding the chest armor in place, I found that 4 or 5 of them stuck to the metal bits of my jetpack harness. I'm going to have to put these magnets back and probably reposition some of the chest armor. Has anyone else run into this issue?

i never even thought about magnets, this is genious and a very clean easy way to take off and put on armor. I have a question though, what about the back armor? Seems the harness and pack would knock it off even with strong magnets?

i never even thought about magnets, this is genious and a very clean easy way to take off and put on armor. I have a question though, what about the back armor? Seems the harness and pack would knock it off even with strong magnets?

I'm going the magnet route too but from what I remember from my last build, I don't think it's needed. The collar and back armor "lock" at the shoulder studs and the harness coming out the back armor grooves, jetpack, and gravity will pretty much do the rest to to keep it from moving....I think.

Hi guys
As a newbie getting ready to my first TDH build, i have been reading all the build threads and getting a bit confused. I read this thread and i have made the decision to go down magnets route as this seems easiest way. I am in the UK is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to magnet suppliers here, as i am unsure what type of magnet is best as there seems to be quite a few different types people are using.
cheers

I use magnets of a different kind. I found them at a seamstress location and they're used for clothing. They work great on my TK armor and so far, have worked great on my Fett.

Am I correct in assuming that the magnets freefloat in the inside? Meaning not adhered or sewn into a pocket or something ?

I love the idea but would seem odd to have them not attached to the flight suit.

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Am I correct in assuming that the magnets freefloat in the inside? Meaning not adhered or sewn into a pocket or something ?

I love the idea but would seem odd to have them not attached to the flight suit.

Sent from a galaxy far far away
I hot glued mine to the inside of the vest. This makes sure they stay, but since it's hot glue it can still come off. Sewing them in place is...hard. since you know the needle is metal and you are working with magnets

Sent from my SM-G925T

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back