Wait for it.... Wait for it..... Wait for it.......

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
Wait for it

Wait for it

081.jpg

089.jpg

071.jpg

025.jpg

115.jpg

The FPH2!!!!!

In all of its fine glory!!!

Alright I was lucky enough to receive one of Chris's fine FPH2's. All I have to say is that this lid is incredible the detail is fantastic from the wavy brow to the damage detail that only screams ESB!!!!! For member produced helmets this will be my last one. Over my time here at the Dent I have had the privilege to paint many for the fine lids that have been produced here the FP MR. the ASOK, BobaMaker and the GMH and I will have to say by far that this is my new favorite!!! For what Chris has revealed in his introduction it feels like holding the real deal!!! When it comes down to it this will be my personal lid for trooping which I plan to have completed for Comikaze in November.

My plan for this thread is to document the paint up step by step and take as many pictures as possible to help document the process. So once I received the lid for Chris the first thing that I did was to pass it off to my buddy Ryan(Rubio95) to take some glamour shots of this beauty. As you can see in the post above he was able to capture some truly great shots. One of the comments that he made to me while shooting it was that the lid love to be photographed and it was impossible to take a bad shot. Boy I would have to agree!!!

I will have to say that I feel lucky to have received what I like to call the artist proof as this is the same lid in Chris's show off thread. Everything came to me as it was in that thread and I love the method that Chris has used to attach the ears. which he will be showing in his thread soon. It came with the hollow RF stalk all the range finder pieces and the broaden which will go in at the end of the project.

Today I spent most of the day doing a little bit of clean up and putting down another coat of primer which will be wet sanded tonight. Since I will be away for work till late Wednesday night I will not be able to lay the first color down on the back panels till then. I plan on taking my time on this so please be patient with me as I go through the process.

Again thank you to Chris to giving me the opportunity to paint this bad boy up!!!!!

I waited for it and it was well worth the wait!

I can't wait to see you do some ESB magic to this bucket, Rob! I'm considering this your practice helmet since you KNOW I'll be having you lay down another sweet layered paint job for me on one!

Rubio made a joke about prancing around clothless in my GMH when he took pics... I don't EVEN wanna know what he did with this one, but I'd advise looking into some Lysol!

Size wise, where does this stand compared to FP's other buckets. I'm a bigger guy and the FP premium has been the only one to fit easily. Just curious, but it looks amazing.

I waited for it and it was well worth the wait!

I can't wait to see you do some ESB magic to this bucket, Rob! I'm considering this your practice helmet since you KNOW I'll be having you lay down another sweet layered paint job for me on one!

Rubio made a joke about prancing around clothless in my GMH when he took pics... I don't EVEN wanna know what he did with this one, but I'd advise looking into some Lysol!

You don't even wanna know, D! NSFW!!

I bet if you put a fluorescent light on that lid it would like up a city block. So DL, no more paint commissions?

Size wise I would have to say that it is comparable to the MR Premium if not just a tad bigger.
This...from my understanding its a tad larger then the MR's

The "new" ear attachment is pretty slick and makes cleanup nice and easy on the as well since theres no excess on the back anymore...I'll let chris show them off later.

What method are you planning on going with this topical or layered? Cant wait to see more. After seeing the pics of the project Im wondering what colors are correct now....

I'm think of getting one of these and just leaving primerd. I think it looks good in the pics. Plus I can't paint.

Looks beautiful! Might have to try to get one eventually... if I can. But I think I'd be too scared to paint it, someone else would have to take that risk. :lol:

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back