Wow this is overwhelming.

Fett4Ever

New Hunter
Hey everyone! New here obviously and boy is this way more overwhelming that I thought.

Little about me - graphic/web designer living in NJ....loved Star Wars since I was little. Enjoy going to Chiller, Monster Mania, Wizard World and the rest of the cons in the NY/NJ area.

I would love to put together a kick *** accurate Boba Fett ESB costume but have no time or skills to make one from scratch or paint one on my own. I'm just looking to find someone to point me in the right direction and who to start talking to so i can start buying skme pieces. I've trolled around a bit but most people refer to other member by initials or nickname and I don't know where to begin. I guess I wanna get a helmet first and go from there. There is so much I don't know and not sure who to trust etc. any help or articles I can read with steps (like I said I just wanna buy the finished parts to the costume) thanks in advance for anyone who can lend me a minute

Fett4Ever (my first AOL screen name back in 93)

If you want finished parts the best place to look is in the Cargo Hold when parts or full kits come up for sale. If you are looking to buy the parts and then have them commissioned for paint, then there is several people to look at for armor and several people to look to for paint commission.

I will help you out with some abbreviations.

RKD=Redkraytdragon.......armor
FP=Fettpride........armor, helmets, jetpacks, gaunts
BM=Bobamaker.........everything for a Fett except maybe shoes. And he paints too.
RS Props........same as above
Fettseven....jetpack and painting
MOW=Man of War studios.......jetpacks, gaunts, gloves, ammo belts, flightsuits, boots and about the only Ebay seller you will see highly recommended.
BBF= BooBooFett.......ammo belts and some metal parts

And my favorite helmet maker was Asok. He just passed away but a lady is going to continue on casting helmets and will continue to use the Asok name.

There are several guys who take painting commissions. Most have threads in the cargo hold.

This is by no means a comprehensive list but it should get you started.

Welcome to the boards. I can help you out with some paint work man. A link to my work is in my signature. Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Mullreel - thank u so much for taking the time to respond. I'm sure you guys get fed up by the newbies! Your response will help me a great deal! I will reach out to some of the members u mentioned and once I figure this all out I will pass it forward

22ss, I will check it out and be in touch

Mullreel- sorry to hear about Asok. Who would u recommend for helmet and paint since Asok passed away...fettpride?

Thanks
Fett4Ever

Even though bill has passed, he has left evrything to another person. They will still use his TDH name and as far as we know will still make parts. Send her a pm, but don't be surprised if it takes a little time due to recent events.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back