Rub and buff

asok

Well-Known Hunter
I just finished putting rub n buff on my new bucket about 3 days ago. When I touch anything the has rub n buff I still get it on my hands. I have rubbed it with a cloth many times. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Live with it, and don't touch your helmet on the silver ;) At least that's what I did :) I have the same problem- you will never get it to where you get absolutely nothing to come off, at least I have not found it to be the case. Just be careful when handling it so you don't get it all over.

That is sort of what I was thinking but was not sure. Thanks!

Mine usually dries after a week or so. Of course, I buff it periodically throughout the week.

How do you keep this stuff from being a mess and trying to keep the dust off of it so it dosn't stick.
Dust must be a pain in the neck to keep off RnB if it is not dry.

Lynn

Mirax H wrote:

Hmmm, I have never had a problem with it. Once you buff it, nothing sticks to it.

So dust comes off it easy and dosn't make a mess when cleaning?
It dosn't smear and smudge, but it can rub off?

The reason I ask is I may be getting some Battlestar Galactica Cylon armor and I may use RnB on it and I don't want a big mess.
Theres a whole lot of silver surface there and nothing else to grab on to. :lol:

Lynn

I used a very thin layer of rub n buff, buffed the crap out of it 'til it almost got hot, then I did another coat of the thing and again buffed til it got hot. After that I had no problems with any of it ever rubbing off on me or my clothes... I don't know if you guys are using primer but I'd probably reccomend it. :)

Baddblood wrote:

I used a very thin layer of rub n buff, buffed the crap out of it 'til it almost got hot, then I did another coat of the thing and again buffed til it got hot.

Did you use Seekers bare plam hand method, or a cloth to buff it?
When compared to Jango's armor, How much RnB would be needed to do this, helmet, chest plate, collar, backpack shoulder bells?
auction2.jpg

Lynn

Bare palm works better. I used to use kleenex but it works better with your palm. Honestly, I bet one tube would do it, but I would get 2 just in case. That should be more than enough to do all of that. I can easily do all my armor and my bucket with a tube.

LoL damn its that high? so its like the chrome plating on the little plastic bumpers in model car kits?

and i dunno why but I was looking for a plastic chroming kit and found this instead I thought it was funny

http://www.chromepolish.com/

You can always send it off to be chromed here is a place that will do a 12 inch circle for $15 bucks you could plate you whole suit for $100 probubly.

http://www.mmmetalizing.com/pricing.html

I just finished redoing all of my armor with rub and buff. I did excatly what I saw Seeker do at the tutorial with bare palm. Whenever I got any dark spots I rubbed them out with kleenex. After you set it aside for a few minutes, it actually feels cool and smooth like metal. If I rub it hard with my finger, I can get some to rub off but, with normal handling it is completely dry.

Here are some pics. I will weather with black acrylic tomorrow.

bodysmall.JPG

helmetcodsamll.JPG

rubnbuffsmall.jpg

zxwing wrote:

I just finished redoing all of my armor with rub and buff. I did excatly what I saw Seeker do at the tutorial with bare palm. Whenever I got any dark spots I rubbed them out with kleenex. After you set it aside for a few minutes, it actually feels cool and smooth like metal. If I rub it hard with my finger, I can get some to rub off but, with normal handling it is completely dry.

Here are some pics. I will weather with black acrylic tomorrow.

WOW!! Now thats what I'm talking!!! You can see your reflections.
Great job, thanks....
Did one tube of RnB do all of that?
Lynn

Thanks. Actually its probably like an eighth of a tube. I found that the less I used the better it looked.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back