Rub and buff

Baddblood wrote:

with r'n'b you're going to get a very aluminum look not very chromed. :)

but it shines, looks great, shows reflections, and at the cost of chroming, it works for me.

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:

PropReplicator wrote:

I almost feel dirty asking this, but what is the "palm method"?

Wayne

I use a small amount and after I spread it on the piece, I rub it vigorously with my bare palm until it gets hot. this gives the high gloss and prevents it from rubbing off later.

Now everyone feel free to make all the sophomoric jokes about rubbing vigorously.

Lynn TXP 0369 wrote:

Baddblood wrote:

with r'n'b you're going to get a very aluminum look not very chromed. :)

but it shines, looks great, shows reflections, and at the cost of chroming, it works for me.

Lynn
And it still looks tons better than chrome paint.

Wayne

zxwing wrote:

PropReplicator wrote:

I almost feel dirty asking this, but what is the "palm method"?

Wayne

I use a small amount and after I spread it on the piece, I rub it vigorously with my bare palm until it gets hot. this gives the high gloss and prevents it from rubbing off later.
Thanks!
Wayne

I got some rub-n-buff to do the top of my rocket because the silver paint just doesnt look right. Anyone know how I can get the bottom part to look right where the paint starts to peal? I heard you cant paint over this stuff

you can paint over it but i wouldnt recommend it, its more of a wax than anything and paint will flake off of it. so id suggest just plain old fasion carefulness :p

thunderbolt885 wrote:

you can paint over it but i wouldnt recommend it, its more of a wax than anything and paint will flake off of it. so id suggest just plain old fasion carefulness :p

When using the RnB, do you paint the colored ares you want first, then mask the painted sections and then apply the RnB so that it dosn't get on the painted sections?

Or will the RnB come easily off the painted sections if you get it on it?
Lynn

I personally do my colored areas first then tape and rub-n-buff. You can get it off with soap and water but I usually wind up getting more on the painted areas when trying to clean off what already got on there.

Hmm well I did the rocket/side thrusters and it looks alot better I just wont touch it, its dry because I used very little but the weather paint below didnt stick to well

Mirax H wrote:

I personally do my colored areas first then tape and rub-n-buff. You can get it off with soap and water but I usually wind up getting more on the painted areas when trying to clean off what already got on there.

Thanks Kristen!
I will definalty be painting first then RnB.
Lynn

Hey guys and gals,
I've been doing the Jango costume for a little under
a year now. Was just told about the rub n buff,
so naturally I ran out and got some, applied it to
all the armor, but here's the thing.
I keep noticing that it is rubbing off on my ammo belt,
vest, and various other parts. It seems like I have it buffed
off, but just when I think I can do no more buffing I see
it has come off somewhere else.
Can someone tell me how to prevent this?

Hey thanks Seeker,
We met at Dragon Con, as a matter of fact you
were the one to tell me how to apply the
Rub N Buff. Thanks for the tip. My Jango
looks totally different now. 100% improvement.
As for cleaning my costume after every event...
I was afraid you were going to say that.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back