EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND!!

I certainly appreciate a response from you, Art, and I'll clarify a few things about what I've posted. Semantics, mostly, but important to me, nonetheless.

First, what is with the angst and lashing out at Scott? You posted up your thoughts and seemed to be interested in getting clarification and when Scott offers it, you just all over him because he does? It seems like you are transposing your frustration with eFX on Scott and Dom... Stay on Target and don't undermine yourself by attacking those who are trying to help you.

I don't feel that I was lashing out at Scott, and the word 'angst' is a little dramatic. If anything, it was questioning Efx, by proxy. I've been very curious about this project since it was announced. I very much enjoyed talking shop with you and Gino at SDCC back in 2013. Chatting about Boba Fett over beers and finger foods was awesome! I was very happy to chat with Gino again at SDCC 2014, even though the helmet wasn't there. But to see the helmet at C7, still in primer, was discouraging. I don't think that it's unreasonable to think that a little work would have been done at this point. Maybe the helmet isn't in mass production - no problem. But a painted prototype sure would go a long way to both keep interest high and to quash fears that it's a dying (or dead) project. The 'announcement' of a line of busts is, straight up, just confusing.

I purchased a Stormtrooper helmet from Efx at C7 and I love it. But from reading around, there is a lot of disappointment regarding the lead times of Efx in general, and an awful lot of negativity and controversy and rumors regarding this helmet in particular. We've all heard them. I think that a big part of doing good business is addressing problems and concerns quickly, to let your customer base know that everything is okay, whether it's through message boards or Homepage updates. That certainly doesn't mean that you have to kiss anyone's ass or fully disclose every single aspect of a project. And it's great that you and Scott are telling us something, but even though you guys might be higher up on the food chain, you are not speaking on behalf of Efx in an official capacity, so technically there is still no word.

All of that... rude and unnecessary for those who are trying to help you. No need for a ban hammer, but a bit of give and take would go a long way.

This is the part that I thoroughly disagree with you, Art. I don't like being talked down to, which was clearly what Fett 4 Real was doing. In addition, his posts were insulting and demeaning, and had more than their fair share of cursing, which I thought was frowned upon here at TDH. I would like to think that if you found it necessary to call me out on what I said, you would do the same to him. Dom was not trying to help me. He was telling me to shut up. To top it off, he felt the need to further demean by 'reminding' me that it's a toy. In the collectible world, that's a common, and extremely rude, way to steer a conversation. Am I some kind of loser because I care very much about these toys? Do I need to reexamine my life and the direction it's headed because I'm a 30-something that plays with toys? I work full-time, I have my own place, pay my bills, and am in most quantifiable ways, a fairly responsible adult. I know Dom, I like Dom, but if anyone posted something rude and unnecessary, it wasn't me.

For what it's worth, I'll leave it alone. Seriously, Art, the fear of a ban hangs heavy over a lot of us here, these days. That's part of the reason there's been such a slowdown of discussion around here, lately. We can take it to PM from here on out if we need to. Thank you and Scott both for addressing this thread. I do apologize it my words weren't clear, but I'm sure that the frustration is evident. No offense meant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't feel that I was lashing out at Scott, and the word 'angst' is a little dramatic. If anything, it was questioning Efx, by proxy. I've been very curious about this project since it was announced. I very much enjoyed talking shop with you and Gino at SDCC back in 2013. Chatting about Boba Fett over beers and finger foods was awesome! I was very happy to chat with Gino again at SDCC 2014, even though the helmet wasn't there. But to see the helmet at C7, still in primer, was discouraging. I don't think that it's unreasonable to think that a little work would have been done at this point. Maybe the helmet isn't in mass production - no problem. But a painted prototype sure would go a long way to both keep interest high and to quash fears that it's a dying (or dead) project. The 'announcement' of a line of busts is, straight up, just confusing.

I purchased a Stormtrooper helmet from Efx at C7 and I love it. But from reading around, there is a lot of disappointment regarding the lead times of Efx in general, and an awful lot of negativity and controversy and rumors regarding this helmet in particular. We've all heard them. I think that a big part of doing good business is addressing problems and concerns quickly, to let your customer base know that everything is okay, whether it's through message boards or Homepage updates. That certainly doesn't mean that you have to kiss anyone's ass or fully disclose every single aspect of a project. And it's great that you and Scott are telling us something, but even though you guys might be higher up on the food chain, you are not speaking on behalf of Efx in an official capacity, so technically there is still no word.

Having been involved in this project since late 2012, there is no one more disappointed than me that it is no closer to completion. 100% agree with you on all fronts, just not sure why that ire with eFX was redirected at Scott.

This is the part that I thoroughly disagree with you, Art. I don't like being talked down to, which was clearly what Fett 4 Real was doing. In addition, his posts were insulting and demeaning, and had more than their fair share of cursing, which I thought was frowned upon here at TDH. I would like to think that if you found it necessary to call me out on what I said, you would do the same to him. Dom was not trying to help me. He was telling me to shut up. To top it off, he felt the need to further demean by 'reminding' me that it's a toy. In the collectible world, that's a common, and extremely rude, way to steer a conversation. Am I some kind of loser because I care very much about these toys? Do I need to reexamine my life and the direction it's headed because I'm a 30-something that plays with toys? I work full-time, I have my own place, pay my bills, and am in most quantifiable ways, a fairly responsible adult. I know Dom, I like Dom, but if anyone posted something rude and unnecessary, it wasn't me.

For what it's worth, I'll leave it alone. Seriously, Art, the fear of a ban hangs heavy over a lot of us here, these days. That's part of the reason there's been such a slowdown of discussion around here, lately. We can take it to PM from here on out if we need to. Thank you and Scott both for addressing this thread. I do apologize it my words weren't clear, but I'm sure that the frustration is evident. No offense meant.

Not sure where this fear of banning is coming from. While we don't suffer fools (and you aren't one), we have never been heavy-handed in banning people and if anything, we have lightened up considerably in recent years.

Last edited:
Ryan, I consider Scott to be one of my best friends in this world...he came in to help this situation and the WAY you responded was PERCEIVED as being rude....and the way you PERCEIVED my response was as being rude. You know Im not one for sugar coating anything... I could go through the whole thread quote all the whining about the helmet and show you but Im sure you realize that there is a lot of comments that are just that. I find it to be silly, and am basically whining about it myself. Maybe trying to give you guys a bit of a wake up call, to relax about it. I know for a fact that this is Ginos baby and he will see it to fruition. And yes I was telling you and all the others who are basically like oh its been forever itll never happen now...to shut up....if that's how you see it....but again it is just a toy....no whining is going to make said toy show up on your door step any faster. You are a talented ass dude, and have the ability to take say a helmet and paint it up yourself and have a damn close in quality helmet by painting it up a FPH2 ESB. Just saying if you really cant wait....don't.

You will be home eventually. Maybe by then the next celebration will be in the states. Isn't the next one in Europe?

eFX previewed their PCR of Boba Fett today. They want a $379 price point available in this summer. We'll see.

I don't expect anything from the paintjob but damn, that thing would be amazing for a repaint for sure.

But their interpretation of time has always been a bit off, so I really don't see them just releasing this thing within the next 2 or 3 months. They might have said a thing or two at SDCC, but do we really want to believe that?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back