ESB Fett WIP

I decided that I should get started on Boba. I decided to make the plates out of PVC to pinch a couple (Thousand) pennies. My updated budget list will be posted below. When showing the progress of these plates to Stormtrooperguy, he said he was impressed with the shape and that it could work.

I wanted to finish one plate before continuing in order to make sure I could do it. Here are the progress pictures. I took a bunch to demonstrate that I could achieve the depth factor and the weathering with rattlecans:

PhotoJul02104818PM-1.jpg

PhotoJul02104831PM.jpg

My yellow:

PhotoJul03114530AM.jpg

My green after weathering (before blackwash):

PhotoJul0950852PM.jpg

Here is where I am so far. all pieces are in various stages of completion.

PhotoJul0950841PM.jpg

Here is my updated budget and the status of each item:

Helmet: Get one from Bob for $90 - Yet to be ordered

Jetpack: I'll probably go with MoW for $300 - Yet to be ordered

Flightsuit: Bought one off of TDH for $100. Also has a built in neckseal which saves me $25 from Arkady.- Ordered, not yet paid.

Vest: Arkady - $50 Talked to her, and can't order until August.

Boots: Meep. $150 MoW. I'm going to try to make my own, but I'm not holding my breath. - Not yet ordered.

Gauntlets: I have a set of resin ones with all doodads. I just need to replace the bottoms.

Gloves: not sure what I'm doing about these yet... $10-$90

Girthbelt: Have it, just need to keep dying it.

Ammo belt: Easy enough to do, just a little elbow grease. $30 - Yet to start.

Sidearm: $110 off of ebay, and I plan on trying to make the holster. $140 - Yet to be ordered/started.

Star Wars Boba Fett Hand Blaster ESB Prop | eBay

Armor Itself: I'll be unrolling PVC for most of it aside from Cod,knees, and back. So far, $6. Back, and knees

Paints: Budget painting for $50 So far - $12

Wookie braids: Braiding my own with weave hair - $6

Shin tools: I think they're like $50 for the original parts with mods?

EE-3: Ordered to have it made for $215. - Ordered, half paid for.

Nice work. For a scratch build, those plates look great. Most scratch built plates are thin and unshaped. Are you going to use a heat gun to add the dents?

Also, the sidearms on eBay are not accurate. They're based on what was previously thought to be the sidearm. The screen used gun was a Pulce 40 mini speargun by Technisub.

Keep up the great work

There were two mojo sidearms on ebay last week actually...one kit and one finished. The plates look good however color may need addressing what are you using? Also the yellow is technically on top of the green FYI

Are you going to use a heat gun to add the dents?

Also, the sidearms on eBay are not accurate.

for the dents, I'll either be using the heat gun or sanding the dents in.

And thank you for telling me. Who makes the sidearm ASSIDE from Mojo? Does anyone?

The plates look good however color may need addressing what are you using?

I'm using Rustoleum Satin Hunt Club Green and A Rustoleum Line paint for the yellow.

PhotoJul1035550PM.jpg

AprilStorm on here is working on selling a 3D printed one really cheap. Other than that I think Kcr7pr sells casts but that's pretty much it

Thanks! No offense to Mojo, but I'd rather not spend $250 on an item that is practically permanently in a holster.

Oh I feel you. Mojo is a really great guy and definitely the one to go to for a perfect sidearm. However, I decided to spend more on the rifle since its the primary gun.

Oh I feel you. Mojo is a really great guy and definitely the one to go to for a perfect sidearm. However, I decided to spend more on the rifle since its the primary gun.

Same here. Haha.

So I did the 3D weathering on the Right shoulder and Left chest plate. I DO plan on making these smoother, but they're the appropriate depth (I think). Thoughts?

PhotoJul1095013PM.jpg

PhotoJul1095022PM.jpg

PhotoJul1095031PM.jpg

Ill be priming and beveling tomorrow night.

What thickness is the PVC sheet you are using and what are you doing that is working so well..in terms of giving the pieces depth? At first glance I had a hard time believing they were PVC.

Also...is it just me or does that green look a little dark?

Its debatable...the color that is...some pics of the armor look darker and some dont so it tough to say...but I dont think hunt club is a perfect match. I dont know a perfect ROTJ color or ESB color at the moment...in rattlecan. But I have been working on perfecting the armor colors.

What thickness is the PVC sheet you are using and what are you doing that is working so well..in terms of giving the pieces depth? At first glance I had a hard time believing they were PVC.

Haha thank you! I'm not necessarily using PVC sheet (or sintra), I'm using PVC Pipe. It's probably 3/8ths? I'm not sure honestly, but it's super easy. I just cut out the templates, heat gunned the **** out of the plates, and flattened and shaped as needed. Then I beveled the edges, and bondoed them until I was happy with the outcome. It takes time, but I don't mind saving money :)

Its debatable...the color that is...some pics of the armor look darker and some dont so it tough to say...but I dont think hunt club is a perfect match. I dont know a perfect ROTJ color or ESB color at the moment...in rattlecan. But I have been working on perfecting the armor colors.

Yeah, I'm not pleased with the color, but I'll play with it more later on.

In other news, Ab plate! After I took this picture, I decided I wasn't pleased with the sides, so I rebondoed. But Here is the ab, and finished the construction of the right shoulder.

PhotoJul12100331AM.jpg

PhotoJul12100537AM.jpg

PhotoJul12100550AM.jpg

Whew...PVC pipe huh? You are a brave man. I've actually seen folks work with pipe before and process looked quite tedious... its nice to see it being done with such good results....well done.

Been a busy day...

Going good.....

PhotoJul1514122PM.jpg

Going good.....

PhotoJul1523356PM.jpg

AHHH WHAT THE $#^%&^?!

PhotoJul1580451PM.jpg

I spent a ton of time masking these today, and just when I thought I was coming together, I decided to blackwash it, and it came out WAY too dark. Plus, I spent soooo much time trying to figure out the correct shade for the orange, and once I was happy, the paint was peeling off with the masking fluid because it was so think.

Any guesses on who has tomorrow off from work and who is going to be spending all of his time painting AGAIN?

- - - Updated - - -

Been a busy day...

Going good.....

PhotoJul1514122PM.jpg

Going good.....

PhotoJul1523356PM.jpg

AHHH WHAT THE $#^%&^?!

PhotoJul1580451PM.jpg

I spent a ton of time masking these today, and just when I thought I was coming together, I decided to blackwash it, and it came out WAY too dark. Plus, I spent soooo much time trying to figure out the correct shade for the orange, and once I was happy, the paint was peeling off with the masking fluid because it was so think.

Any guesses on who has tomorrow off from work and who is going to be spending all of his time painting AGAIN?

Last edited by a moderator:
Redid plates.

Left chest:

IMG_2098.jpg

Kidney:

null-7.jpg

I also got my flightsuit! After some tailoring, I put it on with my Deathwatch boots:

null-8.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-11.jpg

I realize it looks grey, but it is blue, and I tried to prove it:

null-12.jpg

null-13.jpg

The chest armor looks better than the old one (the painting) and the flight suit fits you well. Keep up the great work!

Deathwatch is a type of mandalorian in TCW/EU and Bavery has a custom mando so I'm assuming they're for his own custom suit.

Actually, I'm working on a Pyro Grunt. I'm kind of letting go of the custom thing for now. I'm on a canon kick. It's at about the same stage Boba is; part collecting, haha. I have the boots, the flightsuit, the helmet, I'm working on my vest, I have my gloves, my blasters, and all armor is on order. Hoping to have that done for March, but we'll see.

I built two and a half of the shin tools tonight. I put them in the pockets to show how they look.

null-20.jpg

null-21.jpg

null-22.jpg

On the third shin tool (the one with the two rods) what holds them on there? Is that Electrical tape? I wouldn't put it past Lucas' crew.

SNC00444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back