ROTJ Jetpack kit Finished

I've been working on this for a good couple of months, taking it slow while hunting for jobs and taking care of my family. I finally got it finished, and it just needs the beacon and stuff attached now... as well as the hooks... but it is pretty much done. :lol:

1012183_10201413817375630_1878407816_n_zpsd1b64323.jpg

941212_10201413879417181_739044996_n_zps814a74fc.jpg

600214_10201413822335754_420448545_n_zpsb6d5bf55.jpg

944508_10201413891017471_498026440_n_zps9d96ba6d.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take some flash free outside pics of it tomorrow and get them on here, just to get some clarity for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks guys! I could never have gotten it done without this site. The reference materials here are the best on the net. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do about the harness!

Thanks F7! Your kit made it happen man. And Fubar.. :lol:

frb13, yep... all spraypaint, with only the symbols painted on, and weathering powder for the finishing touches.

Nicely done DarkArtrist!

Can you tell me your painting process? I will probably do something similar with just spray paint. Did you use masking liquid? What was your layering process?

Thanks Deathproof! And I will absolutely share the technique. I washed everything, did all the sanding, gluing, and then did a single coat of aluminum. I used masking fluid to mask off all of the damage. I painted the blue first, then yellow, then red, then white. If you need names of paint colors and brands, I can give you that as well.

Before doing white I did a little misting of brown for weathering, and after the whole thing was finished I weathered it with weathering powders and sealed it with a clear sealer. Easy as pie.

Thanks Deathproof! And I will absolutely share the technique. I washed everything, did all the sanding, gluing, and then did a single coat of aluminum. I used masking fluid to mask off all of the damage. I painted the blue first, then yellow, then red, then white. If you need names of paint colors and brands, I can give you that as well.

Before doing white I did a little misting of brown for weathering, and after the whole thing was finished I weathered it with weathering powders and sealed it with a clear sealer. Easy as pie.

I wouldn't mind knowing the paints you used. Also it appears there's a darker blue tone on spots of the normal blue? It might be a totally different color all together besides "darker blue", but it creates a nice blend like the real packs had.

Those Krylon paints and clear coats dry pretty soft. They're much more susceptible to scratches and damage. I would finish your great paint work off with a coat of Testors Dullcote. It's a very strong laquer- that is unless you won't be trooping with this.

Thanks for the advice BobaFiend! I might just do that. Definitely want to protect the paintjob. And Mr. Fett.. good eye! I used Krylon True Blue, misted with Krylon Navy Blue.

My color list:

Krylon Satin Burgundy
Krylon True Blue misted with Krylon Navy Blue
Valspar Flat Caramel Honey
Krylon Satin Ivory
Krylon ultra-flat Brown (Camo)
Krylon Ultra-flat Black (Camo)

After the red and blue were painted I misted them very lightly with brown and black... VERY CAREFULLY and lightly. Markings were painted by hand with acrylic paints...save for the black stripes.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back