Introducing the FPH2 - ESB

fettpride

Well-Known Hunter
Well folks, it's finally time. I know that several of you that have known about this for months have been getting antsy, and I've certainly been feeling the pinch. I apologize it's taken this long. As always, there's always just so much to do; So much to juggle. But I bit the bullet and found some time to do this now that the last of the GMH's have finally gone out the door.

This project has been a very personal one. From acquisition to present, I've been the investor and the laborer this time around. And true to form with everything I do, there were all sorts of problems getting here.

In light of recent drama regarding cashing in on 'labels' or 'names', I'll be taking a very different approach this time. I've pondered long and hard about this. So I've made a decision not to make such a big deal out of this as I've done with previous replicas of the past. This time I feel it needs to stand on it's own merits. Anything else anymore is grasping for bragging rights, or as the drama queens of late accuse me of, trying to name a cash cow (not my own words). I really want to distance myself from that stigma. This started out as a hobby for me. And after fighting for several years against it, I allowed myself to be roped into 'supply'. So this sort of marks another 10-year anniversary for me in a way. I've commented many times over the last few years about wanting to go back to the roots of it all. And that's exactly what I intend to do. This IS a hobby folks. Don't ever forget that when you find yourself taking it too seriously.

All that being said, you're here to read about a new helmet. Quite a few of you in certain circles already know what it is. So to those folks I apologize for not making this a grand spectacle as you probably wanted me to (lol). Most of you know very little about this helmet, if anything at all. And you're all welcome to discuss it to your hearts content amongst yourselves. But it can't be here. I'd appreciate your respecting my wishes there. I DO have several reasons for this. Aside of what I've already said, it's also a case of changing times and having to be more 'careful' how I/we conduct ourselves in the unlicensed replicas communities; Reminiscent of the days of old. And lastly, I am not going to argue, fight, or even participate in the various drama's that could stem from my showing this off. The recent drama over the Malone Fett helmets soured me to no end -- I've had enough that sort of thing. As I'm sure most of you have too (y)

In case you've not quite caught on yet, I will not be openly advertising in any depth what this helmet is. I will say, what I feel most important to be said openly, for the official record.

It is not an MR or variant, a GMH or GMH variant, a recast of a Malone Fett, or any pre-pro 2 variant. It is not an ESB hero helmet, nor a fan sculpt (though the primary scratches were added by me). That should about cover it. (For the record.)

At the end of the day, you'll either love it, or you won't. I really don't expect a middle of the road on this one. Especially considering it is movie specific and the vast majority here is already split about 50/50 on that. Lol HOWEVER, in case the first question is "It's labeled FPH2-ESB, does that mean there will be an ROTJ?" The simple answer, is a resounding yes. But it will be late in the year, if this year at all.

This helmet on the other hand, is my pet project of 9-months. I hope that everyone can appreciate it for what it is. How it looks / translates.. A REALLY cool helmet. And of course, I'm no where near a photographer, and haven't even improved over the span of a decade it seems. But it should show well in spite of that. However, I'm sure there will be 'other' pics to come in the very near future.

Without further adieu, I present to you my baby. The FPH2-ESB. These movie specific versions (just the two) will be my very last helmet endeavors. And like the days of old, if you want more information just give me a holler ;)

FPH2_1sm.jpg

FPH2_2sm.jpgFPH2_3sm.jpgFPH2_4sm.jpgFPH2_5sm.jpgFPH2_6sm.jpgFPH2_7sm.jpg

fph2scratch5.jpgfph2dent.jpgfph2scratch4.jpg

compsm.jpg

fph2kitsm.jpg

For those that will first be curious about it's size, here are a couple of ratty side by sides with an MR Premium.
The 'level' is in the pics mostly to illustrate that the two helmets are in fact in the same picture at the same time.
I realize it's not positioned well for technical 'level'. But these get the job done (y)

fph2_mrcomp1sm.jpgfph2_mrcomp2sm.jpgfph2_mrcomp3sm.jpgfph2_mrcomp4sm.jpg

Lastly, there may be some interest in the 'stand' so I put together a quick couple of shots for that too.

standkit.jpgstandkit2.jpgstand_top.jpg

I'll be adding a few technical shots of the 'new' ear assemblies that can even double as a simple tutorial.
They are called 'sure fit' and the top RF ear cap unit assembles very similar to the original ear caps.So come back by for that later today hopefully !

Larger images for everything seen here will be available on FB and my website in the coming week.

Thanks for reading

Chris

FPH2_2sm.jpg

FPH2_3sm.jpg

FPH2_4sm.jpg

FPH2_5sm.jpg

FPH2_6sm.jpg

FPH2_7sm.jpg

fph2scratch5.jpg

fph2dent.jpg

fph2scratch4.jpg

compsm.jpg

fph2kitsm.jpg

fph2_mrcomp1sm.jpg

fph2_mrcomp2sm.jpg

fph2_mrcomp3sm.jpg

fph2_mrcomp4sm.jpg

standkit.jpg

standkit2.jpg

stand_top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love all the ESB details in this lid Chris I for one cannot wait to get my hands on one!!!! I especially love the chips in the left lower cheek.Not to mention the wavy brow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The words "dumbfounded" and "speechless" come to mind...

Those reference comparisons.. Wow... Just freaking WOW.

I think I may need a couple of these bad boys! & I think Ali ears are going to need to be in the works very soon :)

Absolutely stellar work Chris! Could easily have my rubber arm twisted into purchasing one of these rippers, if they ever became avail in the future :) Just awesome buddy!

Wow, great job Chris. Looks like I will be getting anoer lid. Will the base parts be available as well?

The words "dumbfounded" and "speechless" come to mind...

Those reference comparisons.. Wow... Just freaking WOW.

I think I may need a couple of these bad boys! & I think Ali ears are going to need to be in the works very soon :)

Took the words out of my mouth...hadnt seen comparison shots just a few teasers if you will...

And would you take a look at the helmet stands! Theres even one for Dakota...I need to get a Boba Fett Mythos Version( I should post finished pics huh what a slacker)

What a gorgeous looking helmet! If this is your last helmet offering, it looks like you're ending on quite a high note! And those stands and placards look great too! Any details on those?

PS: And if anyone would like to PM me details/history on what I'm actually looking at here, please feel free too! lol! ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back