Which Bucket is right for me?

The MSH2 does require a little bit of work to clean up the bottom seam and the visor area but nothing difficult just time consuming.

WHats the difference if I buy the Marrow_Sun sanded and cut and the MSH2, shape, are these made byt the same person?

Nope, not the same. Two different buckets made by two completely different people. Both awesome helmets, but they have their differences. Check out www.starwarshelmets.com, they have plenty of reference photos there. I don't think they have the M_S bucket on that site, but they do have the MSH, Mystery, and the rest.

ChurchBlue wrote:

WHats the difference if I buy the Marrow_Sun sanded and cut and the MSH2, shape, are these made byt the same person?

Ok I checked out the site and now I have more questions lol.

Ok what are the pros and cons for all the helmets that are being made as of right now and can easily get ahold of. I would also like to know prices if thats alright.

Well, I'm not an expert on each of the helmets. They're all awesome. It's basically a matter of personal preference. My preference is the M_S, other peoples' may be something different. I can't think of cons with any of them. As for price, you'd have to speak to the maker of each for that, or whoever is selling the bucket if you're buying it from a previous owner. These helmets will definitely be more expensive than a standard DP or Rubies, but considering the work that goes into each one, they're usually very reasonably priced.

If you do a search on here for "Mystery", "MSH", "MLC", etc, you'll find all the info you need on them.

ChurchBlue wrote:

Ok I checked out the site and now I have more questions lol.

Ok what are the pros and cons for all the helmets that are being made as of right now and can easily get ahold of. I would also like to know prices if thats alright.

Also I have noticed and I am shamed that I never noticed ths before but Bucets I ahve seen are awrped, not in a bad way, I guess they are made to match the original helmets, is the ESB warped and the ROTJ not or are they both?

Yeah, the screen used helmets don't appear to be quite symetrical. Don't know about all the fan made helmets available, but my M_S definitely has that little bit of "warp" to it in the back. Gives it character.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm having the some trouble finding a helmet that might fit me.

I'm 6' tall and 160lbs, but I've got a largish noggin (24" around forehead, 26" around nose).

I bought a Marrow_Sun bucket; I can get my head into it, but it's just a little to tight so my nose hits the visor.

Does anyone know of a helmet that would be just a tad big bigger? At this point, I don’t mind if it’s ROTJ or ESB.

Thanks! And Happy Holidays!

m@

ChurchBlue wrote:

Also I have noticed and I am shamed that I never noticed ths before but Bucets I ahve seen are awrped, not in a bad way, I guess they are made to match the original helmets, is the ESB warped and the ROTJ not or are they both?

Like most, if not all, original Star Wars props, Fett's helmet has asymmetrical features. Since all the Fett helmets came from the same sculpt, predictable warpage can be found on any real helmet.

On the ROTJ helmet, the installation of the visor exacerbated the inherant warpage of the mandibles.

Wow...I didn't realize how many different helmets there were. I have been wanting to start a Boba Fett costume myself, and now I'm concerned about ordering a helmet that may not work for me. I'm 6'2", 210 lbs. 24" head (size 7 3/4). I've been watching eBay auctions to get a feel for how much they run, but I want to make sure I get the right one. Any suggestions? I'm glad I found this forum before I started...

Yes, you are very lucky you found this before starting I waisted alot of money of stuff that wasnt good enough when I seen peoples efforts on here.

I have a dp95 and it fits my head fine, I have a 23 inch mellon, but I am only 180 pounds. IN my opinion the fiberglass mystery style helmet just looks better because it doesnt have that warped look that is hard to get rid of.

xaoslord said:
Wow...I didn't realize how many different helmets there were. I have been wanting to start a Boba Fett costume myself, and now I'm concerned about ordering a helmet that may not work for me. I'm 6'2", 210 lbs. 24" head (size 7 3/4). I've been watching eBay auctions to get a feel for how much they run, but I want to make sure I get the right one. Any suggestions? I'm glad I found this forum before I started...

I'm the same height, weight, and head size. A Marrow_Sun bucket should work for you. Many of the "mystery" helmets sold on eBay lately are blatant recasts of his work, so I would suggest buying directly from him.

C*E*N*O*B*Y*T*E said:
I'm the same height, weight, and head size. A Marrow_Sun bucket should work for you. Many of the "mystery" helmets sold on eBay lately are blatant recasts of his work, so I would suggest buying directly from him.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep an eye out for his stuff...

hers my Rubies Jango Fett helmet, I'm 1.87 m in length... not to big... but it fits...

PICT0104 50%.jpg

PICT0105 50%.jpg

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back