WIP SE suit (FettPride armor, MOW Gaunts).

Quick update on the left gauntlet. Been working long hours and have not had much time, but here she is after the first coat of darkened wine. I also figured I would show off the lights. Now I need to remask and do another coat (after my vacation to the Reno air races!). On the plus side I have ordered more parts, and will hopefully be seeing armor soon!
gebene2y.jpg
y6azabu3.jpg
yse7e3ep.jpg
zeve5ehu.jpg
va5a2uty.jpg
aru8y6uv.jpg

I have not forgotten to update you on the wiring and lights death proof. Just a busy time for me right now, and I only had time to scrape away the masking tonight before my trip. I got ya covered though when I return! :)

Hey no worries man... lol...all my stuff is still in transit! I'm still clinging to watching other people's build threads and dreaming :)

Have a good trip!!

Well, I have everything I need at home or on order besides a jetpack, and the third tool. (I got a real squeegee and stir stick). Anyone know where I can find how to build that last tool? I am getting the 2 Mojo rods, but I need the rest (sonic pulse tool?). Also, if someone has an ROTJ jetpack they are ready to separate with, well that would be nice! I will be back home in a couple days and busy with the helmet, armor, and all the other goodies I have received. DeathProof, I am seriously on it for the LED wiring!

Well, I have everything I need at home or on order besides a jetpack, and the third tool. (I got a real squeegee and stir stick). Anyone know where I can find how to build that last tool? I am getting the 2 Mojo rods, but I need the rest (sonic pulse tool?).

Here is what you need for the 3rd shin tool:

Anti Security Blade Template Measurements.jpg Shin Tools Original Measurements.jpg Shin Tools Original vs Fake.jpg Shin Tools Compatibility.jpg

I hope these helps!

One last (I'm lying) thing. Mounting the armor? I need some education.... Anyone have a good thread to use? Probably gonna do grommets.

Here ==> Attaching Armour: Tutorial and here ==> Chest armor utilizing magnet attachment method or here (look at the end of the first post) ==> RafalFett's Misc Templates and Blueprints.

It does, but I need another squeegee and the custom piece..... Lol. ****.

Why do you need another squeegee if you already have the real one? Or did you threw away the discarded parts? You might also scratch build another one...

Hmm. I guess I need to look around more at exactly how to piece each tool together, because I thought I was missing stuff, but maybe not. I hate looking like a fool. I usually look hard before I ask... Haha.

Well, got my armor, aluminum knee darts, aluminum studs, Patterson squeegee and stirrer, US Divers buckle, and a few other odds and ends. Still waiting on the cape, wookie braids, girth belt, and ammo belt. All should be in the mail soon. Also my jetpack harness is on order.
avuhynej.jpg
qamenumu.jpg
6uty7aza.jpg

The armor is FettPride v 4.0 and is amazing, plus the wait was reasonably short and he has been a big help. All the Aluminum came from JodoKast and his service and work are both fantastic. Chest display is a new Fettronics and I am going to reprogram it to Rafals new sequence. The helmet is an ASOK CC GMH that he made for me and shipped out about a week before his passing. I must say he was timely, professional, and I was shocked and saddened to hear about his family's loss. RIP Bill, and thanks again.
6u2a4e9u.jpg

Lastly, I know no one cares, but I had a great time at the Air Races and was crew on a race plane. Total blast and a nice break from working on resin! :)
6asy8ada.jpg

Also, got to hold THE Rocketeer helmet from the movie!
hyhymyqy.jpg

Just a couple updates... I must say I am hesitant to start the helmet paint. I have read all I could from SuperJedi and Jayvee. Now I am terrified and unsure where to start, haha. I really need to get to work if I want to finish soon.

Anyways, here is some progress. The Helmet is totally ready for paint. I used a dremel, mini hacksaw blades, and about 6-7 different files (from a big 8" coarse to tiny jewelers) to get the final product.
pyse2agy.jpg

6u8y2yzu.jpg

y5amama3.jpg

Those slots in the back were some work! On my fettpride V4 armor I have done quite a bit of trimming, and gotten the knees ready for my JodoKast darts. I still need to do a little trimming, as well as cut out the chest display area.

Well, got some more done on the gaunts. I finally worked out a successful plan for attaching the gauntlets. A ton of super glue, nylon straps, shallow drilling, and more paint!

eqahypu5.jpg

5u2ugyma.jpg

y3u7ane4.jpg

Serves me right for not doing it earlier!

Also got a good work stand made for the helmet...

7enu4u9a.jpg

Another update amigos. Filled in the damage on the ASOK CC GMH and sanded it down. Gotta do a few touch ups and then add the ESB damage before paint. Anyone know a good threa for ESB damage? I have just been looking at reference pics, but that's difficult to see damage vs paint. I also have finished the left gauntlet paint and weathering (minus the missile, which is currently in work) and all they need is a few coats of Humbrol Mattecoat. Lastly I have prepped both knees for the darts, and one of them is ready for paint.
8emetuzy.jpg

egyvejup.jpg

bypy3anu.jpg

a5uge6ad.jpg

utu7yham.jpg

ypy7u5yr.jpg

ery9azyz.jpg

ehyjugyr.jpg

emaha8ev.jpg

ehu7ate2.jpg

7adepy2a.jpg

Next up: helmet and more armor trimming!

Sent from my iPhone - now Free

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back