Who is the yellow guy?

RichardJones

Active Hunter
While I was painting my ROTJ armor, i realized something.... who is the yellow guy? I get that Jango was silver, Boba is green, but who is the yellow guy?
Did Jango's armor go to another member and then was passed on to Boba? Just a question I was wondering, what do you think?

2y4epa3a.jpg

Fair enough, I just thought it might be more fun to imagine another Fett in the lineage of the armor!

Or maybe since Boba does "fly", he used aircraft primer for the same reason they use it in aircrafts? lol
Or is the yellow primer made to stick to metal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, I just thought it might be more fun to imagine another Fett in the lineage of the armor!

I feel when ILM produced the armour it was to make people think it's real metal so that's the silver sorted then the yellow is the primer then the green for the fett colour...

I was going by Rafalfett's templates and the ROTJ screen captures when i painted my ROTJ. Are you refering to the right chest piece not having yellow? I know that in every piece i painted there is yellow...

except the diamond i suppose... and helmet

Do you not remember which Boba Fett armor came first on screen before The Empire Strikes Back? The animated version in the Holiday Special with the yellow chest armor.

Most aircraft are painted with a layer of primer called zinc chromate....its yellow

I know that we Boba costumers use zinc chromate as our yellow, but have never heard of this being used as aircraft primer. Learn something new every day, thanks!

Its used on our air to air missiles too from the factory at least

Do you not remember which Boba Fett armor came first on screen before The Empire Strikes Back? The animated version in the Holiday Special with the yellow chest armor.

I know that we Boba costumers use zinc chromate as our yellow, but have never heard of this being used as aircraft primer. Learn something new every day, thanks!

The way I always looked at it was that (in pretend galaxy far far away) the armor was painted, used, repainted, used, repainted and so on so there were many layers of paint and hence the multiple colors showing through.

just my 10 year old imagination in 1982

Well if you look at Star Wars historically, it seems each squad or division of Mandalorians has its own paint scheme, kinda like militaries do.

The Deathwatch have that paint scheme which looks similar to Jango's AOTC armor, so maybe the "Journeymen Protectors" that Fett was supposedly associated with in some of the old lore had that chest/shoulder scheme to identify each other easy.

I'm MORE curious how a Fett movie will explain the different gauntlets and Jetpack, if at all. As big of a fan as I am of the ROTJ/Scheme, I would STILL go all fanboy if the opening scene of Episode 7 has Fett getting out of the pit and making his was to his second set of armor that he had stashed on Tattooine. I could do without Dengar playing the part he did in that though.

I'm MORE curious how a Fett movie will explain the different gauntlets and Jetpack, if at all. As big of a fan as I am of the ROTJ/Scheme, I would STILL go all fanboy if the opening scene of Episode 7 has Fett getting out of the pit and making his was to his second set of armor that he had stashed on Tattooine. I could do without Dengar playing the part he did in that though.

I agree 110%. If any of the other bounty hunters were to save Fett and play a major role in 7, I want it to be Bossk.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back