Mullreel's ROTJ SE WIP

The trickiest part is getting the jetpack just right with your harness. What are you using for your harness? Took me an entire afternoon to get mine right.

right now I just have a cheapo harness, but I probably won't use it unless it is an emergency. I hope to pick up a metal or 3D printed harness in the near future.

I know it took me a while with Jango to get it where I wanted it.

no they are not attached right now.........they are just attached with velcro for the picture. It is far from a done project, this was just a quick suit up to see how far along I am and how much I have to go.

I still need to put some paint on the knees and shoulders both........which I am going to try and do in about 30 minutes if the kids allow it.....

I have a rifle on the way now.

In the mean time I have been painting two helmets.....for some reason I find myself painting an ESB and a ROTJ helmet at the same time. Trying to continue brushing up on my air brushing skills. I have no idea how I got to this point. I really should have done one and then the other.....lol

and just fyi.......I am painting Bobamaker helmet in ROTJ and an Asok FP Budget in ESB. I also have a Asok GMH that I plan to paint in Pre-pro 2

Ok here is one quick pic of the ROTJ paint up. I have gone wildly out of normal order. I keep being unsatisfied with colors and damage so I have redone several sections more than once. I finally got a color on the cheeks that I like. I just painted over the dome again because I was not happy with it. I am happy with the visor and the damage in the red section......

XhhYq3.jpg

Ok here are a few pics from today. The ESB back plate getting done and the ROTJ mandible and cheek work....Nothing exciting nor sexy but it is what it is.

UN47Sp.jpg

aqkraR.jpg

7OK5HC.jpg

I kind of had the thought that I will keep the option open to do a straight ROTJ or the ROTJ SE as I go along.

Ok back to soft parts and weathering.........

855kKO.jpg

i0h87b.jpg

KyCwzE.jpg

Weathering pictured in bright sunlight on the flight suit. I like it to look heavy and dirty.........I used spray paints mainly for weathering on this.
Weathering on the gloves is pictured with indoor lighting..........I used air brush weathering on them.

I have still been painting on the ROTJ helmet as well. One thing I am figuring out is..............the ROTJ helmet was a complete mess....lol

The details involved are astounding. I will keep working on this but I am starting to wonder if I will ever reach a point of satisfaction with my work, but at least it is a great hobby.

294pWr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In your opinion, is it easier to paint your helmet with or without the ears on? Mine are removable so I can do either way.

You did a great job making that flightsuit look grimey!!! Looks like Boba did some after hours work in an intergalactic body shop...:D

I just weathered my Batninja vest. Felt like I was destroying a work of art. But it had to be done..........

Next I will be poking holes in it and that will be even worse.......brings back memories of poking the holes in the leather vest for my Jango; not for the weak of heart.

weathering..............now with real blood..............luckily it will be under the ab plate and not show up......lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back