Hey from DFW Texas

Speigel

New Hunter
Hey, I've been lurking here for a few months. I was originally directed this way by a few members of the 501st, so I could learn how to create my own armor. I've spoken to Asok, who I find very helpful, and decided that lurking wasn't the best way to behave. I have decided that this would be best course of action, and it would be much easier to ask my costume/Fett questions in person to ya'll.

I hope to become a very active and helpful member of your boards. I was very hesitant to join, or even attempt to make my own armor at first. I have always designed costumes/characters/etc... but have never taken that first step to actually creating anything. I want to thank all of the members here who inspired me to do so.

Thank you all for your time,

Speigel / Dez

Welcome to TDH. I have found the site to be very helpful.

If you are looking to join the 501st you will be in the Star Garrison here in North Texas squad. There is a great group of troops here in North Texas. I am active in the squad and troop as Jango Fett. I am currently working on a Boba Fett as well. I have all of the parts and I am currently painting. We have armor parties periodically which is a great way to meet and learn about armor making, assembly and painting.

The local Squad leader is David Petty and he troops as a Tie Pilot. If you look on Facebook for Star Garrison you can contact him and he can probably set you up to see the forums there as well.

So again Welcome to TDH and enjoy your time here.

Sounds awesome... I was wondering what the best way to join the 501st would be... I realize I want to make a custom "bruiser" Mandalorian armor set... seeing how it's a custom piece... would that be an acceptable suit to apply with.. or is this a question better asked to the SL?

Custom mandos are not accepted in the 501st, you would want to look at the Mandalorian Mercs. The local clan for the mercs is the Murraan clan. I am also a member there. There is a good group of guys in the area for the custom mando also. They also have armor parties and such on a regular basis. The clan leader in the area is Kevin Ward. He is in the process of moving right now and has said he will host an armor party once he gets into his new house in a month or two.

Look at the Mandalorian Mercs forum and search for the Murraan Clan forum and introduce yourself over there.

To go for the 501st you will have to have a canon character such as Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Jaster Mereel, Jodo Kast, Kal Skirata......etc. There are a bunch of Mandos in the 501st now but you have to match the CRLs for each kit.

Welcome Speigel! TDH has a good member base in the DFW metroplex area. We typically also have a table at Fan Days which is held in October.

So welcome to TDH and we look forward to helping you along with your armor.

Sounds awesome.. Ben away for a while.. family and with came up... and things tend to happen...
Currently building a tk.. started up on my custom mandalorian suit.. hitting it with acrylic.. freakin humidity killed my foam.. all good though.. nice little practice run. Figures out how to build a mandalorian axe though.. Oh, it's going to be epic...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back