Bo Katan jetpack pepakura?

pompeii

New Hunter
Hi everyone,
I'm starting to plan a Bo Katan costume and was checking out the different options for armor building. I was thinking of going the "paper-resin-fiberglass-bondo" route for construction, but am not sure about designing a jetpack. Does anyone know of a pepakura design for Bo Katan's jetpack? I think I would like to follow a model for that part of the costume, rather than to try to build something from scratch on my own.

Thanks!

You could use the WOF templates for the base with a couple minor changes. Then you would just need the arena rocket and fuel cells. Good luck with the build.

Thanks for the reply! I feel like such a noob right now, as I'm about to ask some questions that are sure to rolls some eyes, but don't the templates you recommend already have the arena rocket and fuel cells as part of them? (I'm assuming that those are the peak in the top middle, and the parts at the right and left sides of the jetpack. Is that correct?) In order to have an accurate costume, are these parts supposed to detach from my jetpack? Thank you very much for your help!

The base of the pack is the same for both packs. WOF may have a template for the arena pack but I am unfamiliar (I did the Z-6, Boba's pack). I think you are looking for the JT-12. They don't have to detach to have an accurate costume. You just need the correct pack. I have Googled Bo Katan and it looks like most pics show the JT-12 (arena Pack). There are a couple pics here and there of the arena with a larger rocket but not a Z-6 rocket. The rocket is the center one and the right and left are the fuel cells. Does this help at all?

Hey,
Sorry that I've been silent for awhile and I really appreciate your help, dechels. I spoke with someone who has mando scratch-building experience in my local garrison and he strongly advised against using pep for my jetpack because of the weight and the probability of warping, etc. Instead, he's recommending I use plastic, so I've decided to go the route that comes with help. :)

However, another member did provide me with a useful link that I thought I would share - pep files for Bo-Katan's full armor:
Pepakura files by t_bone

(sorry if this is already up somewhere!)

you could use the files that pompeii linked you, and build it out of foam.......? I'm a huge fan of that method. I recomend it to pretty much every one :)

The Hero Tutorials - YouTube

check it this guy's channel. He's got some really good video tutorials on how to build from foam. I've done it with an iron man costume, and am doing it with a mandalorian costume as we speak (kind of). just search around his videos under "uploads". They are at the bottom
Good luck!
Just a thought! :)
-ghost

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back