Attaching Polaroid lens to clear RF block question.

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Hi members,
I'm planning to attach my Polaroid lens to the clear block, Do I leave the black frame as is OR do I slightly sand it flat?

thx

I assume that you want this for your ESB helmet, so the answer is don't sand the Polaroid viewfinder frame. Looking at the images it looks like the viewfinder edges are slightly inserted (using heat?) into the perspex block:

ESB 2 Piece Perspex 01.jpg ESB 2 Piece Perspex 02.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the frame is simply glued to the block. If you look at the ROTJ RF, you can see the glue marks where the frame used to be attached.

DAZ

The Bottom of the Polaroid lens has the SLIGHTEST of sanding along the front and back edges, a little more on the front (towards the tip of the rangefinder) than the back. It is extremely slight though and even with those slightly flattened edges, contact with the acrylic block is minimal. From there, it is just super-glued to the acrylic block. Because there is so little contact, the attachment is fragile, which is why we see that it has been knocked off some of the helmets.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back