terminal fettler TF2 helmet build WIP... At it again!

I was just curious...a simple I was bored would have been enough for me...I mean...theres nothing wrong with building it. You have to have some sort of reasoning for building another helmet.

Well, for whatever reason you're doing it G - keep doing it! Looking friggn outstanding sir! And can very much understand the need to get something 'just right'. There can often be a fine line, but ultimately the difference of being happy with your work, or having little things there - that no one else notices much, but stick out to you like dogs balls - is the driving force. Much respect! (y)

The first and most important thing is when you say "I did this! This was made by my hands!". There's nothing wrong with scratch builds when they are done well, and the only limit is your imagination. From what I saw, whatever Garrett did it turned out excellent, so I would like to see a lot of new things made by him in the near future.

Thanks guys, here are some photos of the rear panel area being sculpted and the key slots taking shape, also the ear platforms being made.

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Man i will never forgive you for selling your Fett gear Branden! lol

TF its lookin great man :)

Heres another curious question...how come you decided to start from scratch and not just modify one of your previous helmets?

Totally agree with the reproduction helmets and others close to lineage having a lot of inaccuracies , hence why i sold mine. Might have the next hot lid here with "that look" :) lookin forward to the finished product.

Don't mean to hijack but I am curious to hear what numerous inaccuracies a helmet even with genuine lineage to originals might have? I wouldn't have necessarily expected that. Haha!

Don't mean to hijack but I am curious to hear what numerous inaccuracies a helmet even with genuine lineage to originals might have? I wouldn't have necessarily expected that. Haha!

No reproduction can be 100% accurate to the original helmets. All have flaws from the casting process and where they have been re-worked to correct these issues.

A couple more progress shots of my helmet build. Building out the rear panels and the key slot detail. The helmet is slowly coming together, the next stage is fitting the dome and reworking where the dome curves to the trim. As i reach each stage I'm constantly tweaking the fine detail...

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0095.jpg

Thanks for the comments, i feel I'm making some progress now!
I decided the left lower cheek was slightly out, so off it came and was replaced with a slightly revised shape, this also enabled me to add the curved profile on the bottom edge i had missed. The dome has been fitted and the join profile added. Also adding the final upper right ear platform...

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

It looks great already! Can't wait to see with the ears and the rangefinder on!

G mate this is bloody fantastic, Ive had the pleasure of painting not one but two of your old helmets, one of them is sat on my kitchen table right now. Those were a thing of beauty so looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I dont have a helmet for my suit yet so if you do a run in the future, you can put my name down.

Welsh

Cheers Welsh. Hopefully I will have this helmet finished in the next few weeks, then I will start my first ESB paint job in at least 2 years, hopefully I'm not too rusty and my airbrush still works! I won't be doing a run of these but I can certainly do special orders...(y)

Oooo I look forward to seeing that, it was your "Wafer thin paintjob" that got me into putting a fett together you know. Ill be keeping an eye on this then, would love to pick one up.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back