Gloves Information

The spats are the same color as the jumpsuit i believe. As for the dye follow the instructions on the box but start with a small amount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedi-Bob wrote:

Also, are the ROTJ spats the same color as the gloves?

Thanks
They are actually lighter than the jumpsuit, depending on what picture you look at. They are indeed the same material as the jumpsuit, so the color shouldn't vary too much from it.

Spats01.jpg

Bob, before you work on the spats, work first on the jumpsuit. If you have the vest, make the spats lighter with the bleach and water solution and make it the same color as the vest (the best you can). Just 2 hours in the water, and then dry it outside.

I used RA's spats, and I used the same bleach process i used for the jumpsuit, and they came out excellent...same color as the vest (yes, it came in the mail dark grey, the same grey as the inside of the vest from RA).

You won't go wrong with this.

Robert

batninja wrote:

Slave1, what do you recommend?

Hey man, just got out of the hospital a few days ago and am only just starting to catch up with everything.

I tried both sides of the vest material against gloves I had dyed up and the accent material is just way too dark for my tastes. I'm personally going with my standard material until something better comes along or I have time to experiment in lightening the material.

ok,im going to order my parade gloves from http://www.paradestore.com/main_frame.asp?g=GLOVES and heres my problem.im going to purchase the 12in gloves but they all have raised lines on the tops of the palms.will the glove padding cover thes raised lines? the only ones that dont have the raised lines are the cotton/lycra blend and im not sure if it will take the dye well.

so what do u guys think?

I have the regular size gloves from there. I took those stitches out. You can still kind of see the holes, not bad though. I think most if it wil be covered anyway. Haven't got that far with them yet.

I believe the vest material is the same as used on the white sections of the gloves, just not gray material. I am looking into getting a white sample of it.

Just take the stitching out. Very easy to do. But the lines are on the back of the hand, not on the palm side.

Right now, my standard material is just a simple cotton type blend.

However, a while back I got some material that I planned to use before the new vest material came out that is similar in it's slick look. I am going to try the duller side of that material and see how it looks. No matter what, it's more accurate in color (if nothing else) than the vest material.

As a side note, started undergoing my vest patterns to use with the new vest material last night. Going to be quite a chore.

I didn't bother with any progress photos. To be honest, I had to rush over the last couple days to be ready for a convention tomorrow. But they're done. FINALLY DONE!

Jumpsuit Before:
jfj_jumpsuit2.jpg

and After:

jfj_jumpsuit5.jpg

jfj_jumpsuit6.jpg

-------

Gloves Before:
jfj_gloves2.jpg

and After:
jfj_jumpsuit7.jpg

:D :D :D

Nice! Looks like you put alot of hard work into them.

Look forward to hearing how your Convention experience was!!

:)

hey very nice. great color. how did u weather it?

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back