Gloves Information

great work :cheers

how long did u leave the gloves in the RIT dye to acheive the gray color?does the dye have a odor to it?im asking because i live in an apartment and dont have very good ventilation available.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rit dye does not have an odor - you can do it in your apartment on your stove (you have to heat up the dye water) I left them in for about less than a minute. You'll see them start to turn and you can pull them out when they visually get as dark as you want.

Those are some pretty sweet gloves TK409. (y)
Do you mind if we ask which ones you ordered? I think the Cotton, Snap Wrist gloves would work.
Keep it up. :)

BountyHunter185 wrote:
Do you mind if we ask which ones you ordered? ...

You can find gloves here:
http://www.paradestore.com/main_frame.asp?g=GLOVES
I would recommend the longer 12" ones, but I got the "flag bearer" gloves with a velcro wrist closure before I realized there were others available. They've also got a "non-slip" dotted texture on the palm that I didn't expect (like gardening gloves) .

I added fabric gauntlets to these. I'll add velcro to the fabric gauntlets and velcro inside the armor gauntlets to keep them from slipping around. I will probably get the 12" and make another pair.

Trooper TK409 wrote:

The Rit dye does not have an odor - you can do it in your apartment on your stove (you have to heat up the dye water) I left them in for about less than a minute. You'll see them start to turn and you can pull them out when they visually get as dark as you want.

thanks (y)

im going the parade glove route,i have been really impressed by those who have used them :D

THose should do quite nicely TK409! As everyone else said, Excellent job. Only thing I was wondering about was the stitching lines down the main white part on the back of the hand. I'm pretty much an ESB guy, so I know ESB has those, but I'm not shure about ROTJ. In any case, excellent job man!(y)

Nice job on those gloves. Looks good to me. Just a note about the other gloves on the site. I got the second ones on the page, "Cotton Snap Wrist". They have lines on the back of the hand. I took the stitches out but they still show a little. For the ULTRA screen accurate people out there, they might not like these. There's another pair about the middle of the page "White 3.5 oz Interlock" that don't seem to have the lines. They aren't 12" long but for $1.40 a pair you can't go wrong.

Looking good TK409. I'm making mine too, but they're after the helmet, armour and gauntlets, so it might be a while before I see 'em.

If they come out like yours I'll be happy!

Si

What kind of grey gloves do you guys all use for a Boba costume?

sorry, i did look first, i guess im just blind today. lol

Plus, I asked this question to get more than 3 people's responses, and 2 0f the 3 links you gave me had the same response.

Hey, it's cool. :) But this board just has a repository of information that has already been hashed over. If your question is reasonably related to another, you can post your question in one of the existing threads, as well.

The reason the answers are pretty much the same for the gloves is because the originals appear to be some sort of dress/parade glove with a button closure that has been modified.

Yeah, it does look like ill have to get some parade type gloves. But a while back, I made the brown ones that he had in the preproduction pics out of some jersey gardening gloves.

Yes, the Prepro (brown gloves) were also parade gloves that had been painted brown. In a couple of the prepro photos, you can see the same little button closure. ;)

Ok, all the gloves Ive seen on here seem to be the ESB version, any suggestions for the ROTJ(light gray) gloves?

Same gloves, only very slightly lighter.

I feel going by the MoM gloves could be deceiving, due to the fact the suit has been laundered a bazillion times since the actual time of shooting.

Here is pic of the ROTJ gloves during the filming of some of the ROTJ desert scenes:

14.jpg

As you can see, they are a good deal darker than the gloves at MoM, and not that much lighter than the ESB's.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back