Boots Original boot material

yavin

New Hunter
Does anyone know what sort of material the original boots were made of. The boots themselves are a bit odd they have the sole of a canvas style shoe, the boot itself is a Chelsea style (originally associated with horse riding), but almost all those I've seen have a heel.

Is it possible that the boots weren't originally grey? If you look at the reference pics you can see an under color that is much lighter.

The boots were made by Berman and Nathan, the costume house that fabricated most of the costumes for the Star Wars films.
They were original white. The material appears to be a heavy twill with a single directional grain.

Are you looking for something that resembles them that can be found in the "real world"?

I've heard many times the canvas was used. It can be bought at most fabric store. I used it to re do my old home made boots. First. I added foam to the front of the boot to square them off, then later to the soles.I folded over edges of three pieces of canvas and sewed on black piping. I fabric glued six total segments to each boot. I then glued in 6 inch high black elastic. A leather shop added the heavy stitching. They still needs toe spikes.

Buildup.jpg

Originalshoe.jpg

Finishedboot.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back