SYPER's Pre Pro 2 Build PP2

Simply awesome work. Any idea how much the pack is weighing with all the added items?

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply awesome work. Any idea how much the pack is weighing with all the added items?

No clue on the weight yet but I'll note that before I break it down for paint.

Adding quick update picks
Jetpack inner workings without battery packs
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062503.577858.jpg

And here's a first look at my effects control belt in a PP2 style
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062719.752163.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062752.908882.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062765.110627.jpg

Going to start soldering all connections soon after testing I'll have more updates and picks

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062503.577858.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062719.752163.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062752.908882.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403062765.110627.jpg

Just beautiful!

Thanks BrotherJ

Looking forward to the first test flight.

Excellent work!

All testing should be done this weekend, thanks for the encouragement

Great place to hide the controls. MUCH less likely to get hit by a blind man's vibro-ax.

Spoken like a true bounty hunter, nice.
The thought was to keep the controls out of sight but also where I could easily activate them. With the controls under the ammo belt most onlookers may never even notice them and may not be aware that I’m controlling anything at all. It will look as if I’m just holding onto or resting my hands on the ammo belt.

Hi Syper, how did your test flight go over the weekend?

Testing went well, but there are issues to be ironed out as expected. It took about three days (-work & kids) to wire up and get all my soldering done. I was very happy and relieved that all my switches / controls now work from my ammo belt as planned. I’m utilizing a 9-pin D-sub cable that plugs into the jetpacks back panel. The pack features a 12v power supply and main kill switch also mounted on the back panel.
Effects Tested:
All LED Lighting.…………....Passed, I’m using Amber to illuminate the smoke and White for the compressed air blasts .
Smoke Unit…………………..Passed, I flooded my unit two times before I got it dialed in.
Sound Unit…………………...Passed, prerecorded jetpack tack off audio.
Compressed air blasts…..Passed, performed as expected but needs minor plumbing attention, small leak.
Thruster movement………could not be tested sadly.
I’m having issues finding the correct servos. I need a servo that returns to center when you let go of the controls. I’m not sure if anyone make a servo like that and one that small? I’m now toying with the idea of using a stepper motor with kill switch combo but I would prefer the servos route.

At this point I have some minor wiring to do, fix the compressed air plumbing and now hunt down more parts.
Ok Back to it.

SYPER's Pre-Pro 2 Build

I have some test footage at home I can upload but again it's still a work in progress, still waiting on jp parts. Going to try an alternate power source but that too is in the planing stages.

While I wait for jp parts I'm going to fit the aluminum back access panel / door and install a bigger speaker.

On a side note, I have updated my previously done but unused MOW boots with his new 2013 version and I'll need to paint and weather them in pp2 style. I was lucky enough to pick up a pair of mojofett's (mow-2013) spikes before he went mia Hoping to start the boots Sunday.

Just need time:)

Sent from my iPhone

That looks amazing Jim......... really well done.....

How much weight will that add to the jetpack?

Darn I forgot to weigh it before I broke it down:(, no worries ill just through everything on a scale lose. I’ll get that information to you when I get home.
I'm expecting this jp to be heaver then all packs currently out there but it’s a balancing act right?. Heavy pack with cool effects vs. light pack with nothing. No doubt its going to be a beast to carry around for sure.

I put it all on a scale and it's just I bit over 10 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone

That doesn't sound too bad, hopefully your back will agree with that.....

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back