How to install hinges on ESB Gauntlets

Hi I recently acquired a pair of Man of War Studios ESB gauntlets, does anyone know if there is a tutorial on tdh site that shows how to install hinges on these gauintlets? thanks for reading.

There are several threads about this please try and use the search function. If you even scroll down on this thread at the bottom in related thread theres 5 right there.

Hi Brother
I’m working on mine now here’s what I’m doing, but its just one of many examples here at TDH

I marked exactly where I wanted the hinges to be and traced it with a pencil. Next I predrilled holes then applied a thin coat of JB-weld. I placed the hinges on the JB-weld and aligned the holes. Next I screwed in half inch screws and cut off the ends with a Dremel cut off wheel. Grind the ends down just below the surface. Fill in with auto body filler, Bondo and prime.

Hope this helps

Your welcome guys! I know its not the best tutoril, but it does show ya enough i think so you can get it to work. In hindsight i think using the resin peg method may be easier than screws, but either way works. glad to be of help :)

I'm fairly new at the whole armor building process but I had great success with installing the hinges in my MOW gauntlets. Measure TWICE; cut ONCE is my motto! Make sure you rough up both contact surfaces with heavy grit sandpaper before gluing. Get some cheap clamps for the job so you get a good firm adhesion. The BEST thing I ever did was use rare earth magnets for closing them. Make sure you get good strong ones, and test them before you glue them in. I think mine are abotu 50 lbs of force. They CLAMP shut nicely. There's lots of great tutorials on here for sure.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back