General .The Journey of Boba Fett.

Jawsum

New Hunter
So.. For over half a year now, I've been working on the Boba Fett costume with some major help from my very good friends! Not to mention you guys here at the forum. And now that con time has come and passed, I can FINALLY post this very long journal, which I have been looking forward to for quite some time now.
Thank you guys so, so much for all your patience, good answers and suggestions. I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for being pure awesome!

.Everyday is Friday.: .The Journey of Boba Fett.
If it's TL;DR, just look at the images and have fun.

Also, a little funny image for you guys:

IMG_7929_zps9ef8be2b.gif

Very nice build. Definitely a long journey. I'm still not done. Do you have a MOW JP? I had the same issues with mine and the paint not sticking. It's been terrible.

Your Fett looks great!

Thank you so much 22ssplt! A long journey indeed! A journey I never thought would end at several points. The MOW JP was a pain in the a**, but the trick was to give it a proper cleaning and sand it down a LOT. Don't be afraid to go postal on it, cos it needs it. Same thing with the gauntlets if you buy them from MOW. They're beaaautiful, but paint just doesn't stick.

And thank you!! I felt pretty great too, especially when I posed with all the ladies who thought I was a dude, hahaha:

557987_10200635899638317_1820684432_n_zpsf080ad07.jpg

Or dancing wit the lovely gals:

559936_10200635893438162_1639925467_n_zps75a7df64.jpg

What can I say? You and Susann did a great job from start to finish and I think the greatest moment was when you saw yourself in that suit. I really like the paint job (both of) you did, because it looks realistic. Good luck in your future troopings and builds!

What can I say? You and Susann did a great job from start to finish and I think the greatest moment was when you saw yourself in that suit. I really like the paint job (both of) you did, because it looks realistic. Good luck in your future troopings and builds!

Thank you so much, RafalFett! It's such an honor that well-known members like you both take time to read my humble little (way too long) blog! Thanks for all your nice words!

Wonderful job! It is so cool to see a costume come together. And as a new Fett costumer, it is also helpful to see someone else take the journey and share the process so completely... it makes it a bit less daunting. :lol:

Wonderful job! It is so cool to see a costume come together. And as a new Fett costumer, it is also helpful to see someone else take the journey and share the process so completely... it makes it a bit less daunting. :lol:

Thank you so much, hun! And I am glad my hopeless journey can be of help to others! That's what I hoped it somehow could be. Because when I made this, I had a gazillion questions and I kept nagging on God and each man, haha. But I think I got pretty much "everything" covered here, even where I bought most of the products. Good luck in your build, I hope it turns out great!

Great build! Your suit turned out awesome.

Thank you so much, sir! *takes a deep bow*

Wow, i just finished reading your blog and Im highly impressed. Congratulations on the whole project, how much would you say you spent financially? Lol i say financially because Im aware that it adds up to more then money, ie patience and such

Wow, i just finished reading your blog and Im highly impressed. Congratulations on the whole project, how much would you say you spent financially? Lol i say financially because Im aware that it adds up to more then money, ie patience and such

Thank you so much for reading! And wow... I've spent waaay too much money on this! I'm even ashamed to say it, hahah. And thanks to living in the Godforsaken country of Norway, I have to pay much for shipping and sometimes even customs as well, so that adds up to the total. I think all in all I've spent between 2500$-4200$ on this, with paint and materials to work with, such as the airbrush and stuff. My patience has been used up, depleted! haha.

Hmmm ya i was thinking Atleast 5000 woo hoo! I was close. See my problem is that i want everything asap and hate buying things piece by piece, but you do what you got to do.

Hmmm ya i was thinking Atleast 5000 woo hoo! I was close. See my problem is that i want everything asap and hate buying things piece by piece, but you do what you got to do.

Yeah, the waiting is half the thing with this costume xD But while you wait for one thing, you can work on another!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back